Work at Couchsurfing
Product and Operations Analyst
Couchsurfing, an international travel startup headquartered in San Francisco, is looking for an experienced Analyst to manage our team’s product and operational analytics.
About the Role
As the Product and Operations Analyst you’ll be the champion of Data within Couchsurfing. You’ll investigate and report on product and business metrics, and guide us on how to improve them. We’re looking for someone who loves data and can help inform leadership decision making through quantitative analysis and financial modeling.
You will interact daily with heads of Product and Business Operations, and weekly with our broader Leadership team. You should be a strategic thinker who can confidently represent your data and financial analysis to leaders.
If you are an experienced Product Analyst, Product Manager, or Operations Manager, we would love to speak with you!
- Improving upon and regularly reporting KPIs
- Business health
- Product usage
- Member satisfaction
- Trust, safety, and support
- Product analysis
- Help define success metrics of potential product improvements prior to launch
- Measure impact of product changes, including identification of unexpected second-order effects
- Collaboration with PM / design team
- Analysis to help inform decision-making
- Audience segmentation
- Current user behavior
- Financial modeling
- Product analytics
- Own and maintain analytics tools: Looker, Redshift, SQL, Amplitude, Google Analytics
- Reconcile data across sources
- 2 - 4 years relevant work experience
- Superb quantitative and qualitative analytical ability
- Excellent business judgment
- Driven self-starter with an ability to work independently
- Excellent SQL programming skills
- Experience with our product analytics toolset is a plus: Google Analytics, Redshift, Looker, and Amplitude.
Culture and perks
- Awesome co-workers who care about building a great service and each other
- We work hard and play hard - you have freedom to get the job done, but must deliver results.
- Tasty AND healthy group lunch
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Ping-pong where walls, ceiling, and floor are in play
- Couches galore
- Staff in the Wild program - each month we send a CS employee Couchsurfing somewhere on planet earth!
This position is located at Couchsurfing HQ in San Francisco, California.
Couchsurfing is the world’s premier social travel platform, with over 12 million members in nearly every country in the world. Couchsurfing changes people’s lives. Hearing the stories of Couchsurfers whose lives have been transformed by travel is the greatest reward for doing what we do. Join us and every day thousands of people from every country in the world will meet in person and embark on new adventures as a direct result of your work.
We are a small, nimble and hyper-focused team who are building the next generation of this powerful service, with a strong focus on mobile. Our platforms include web, ios, and android, and our mobile audience is growing rapidly. If you’re interesting in making a big impact at a small company with a passionate and large user base and growing revenue streams, then you’ll like it here.