Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, China
50% response rate · Last login 20 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see AdleyMaria's full profile. It's free!View Full Profile
Making friends round the world on backpack and couch, now caring a new family member
We are a couple who left our job in Hong Kong to backpack around the world for two years. We can cook for anyone who can provide a couch. We love cooking, dancing (tango, modern dance), sailing, hiking, traveling and making new friends. We are travelers, not tourist and wish to explore life of local people.
All below the sky are seen by God.
We feel thankful and full of grace by couchhsurfing hosts in our two year journey. We want to give something back by hosting visitors from around the world, but at the moment we are "couchsurfing" at mom's place. we do not have say on hosting per se but we can play host by serving healthy meal, good cantonese cooking.
so much good experience
- learning how to cook home Brazilian food from Juracy's mom in Medianera near Iguazu fall
- Two weeks of Carnival in Rio thanks to Julie and Richard
- enjoying the Santa Catalina, Brazil for the unexpectedly long stay with a generous and handsome Eduardo.
- in Assuncion a Paraguay lawyer "Samurai" helps us get the money back from corrupted immigration official, and the host brought a Paraguay singer home for our Chinese food feast
- learning how to make Venezuela maize cake from Daniel in Montevideo
- seeing passionate football fans with Leandro in La Plata
- the beautiful doctor showing us the beauty of Peninsula Valdes
- meeting other CSers under Gloria's generosity in Puerto Natalie, Chile
- Diego draws us a map to a nearby hot-spring in Santiago, Chile
- good topics and exchanges with the handsome Dietry in La Paz, Bolivia
- good exchange of Japanese culture with the Karate girl Carla in Quito, Ecuador
- Francie language teacher taught us Spanish in Popayan
- touched by the passion of the Columbia mother Lina in her farmhouse
- Elizabeth shows us the beauty of Medellin, Columbia
- Efrain takes us to enjoy the secret water with his boat in Chetumal, Mexico
- Rolando takes us to see the Maya ruins in Dzibilchaltun
- Brian and Ahnjili help us enjoy the artistic Edinburgh festival
- deep spiritual discussion in Kassel, where the host helps us enjoy the dOCUMENATA13
- another beautiful Tamara in Venlo helps us sort out with the police in Dutch about our mini car accident
- though short, we enjoy the beer with Kris in Brussels
- learning southern France cooking from an experienced CS mother Florence
- experience grandmother cooking from the marvelous Kim in Aalborg, Denmark
- meeting the talented Ingelise on her weaving and painting
- having a big tout fish feast with Martin and Elena in Sandnes, Norway
- enjoy Oslo with the help of Asgeir and his artistic sense
- walking with the princess-like dog of Tiffin and enjoy her home cooking
- having a good time in the land of arora with lovely Anishe and learning her baking skill
- learning the skill of cooking pasta by Francesco in Milan
- having a good few days of fresh food and wine with Erika and Davide in Patone
- giving much trouble but enjoying skiing with Katell in Juliet's town Verona
- enjoying the good company of Enrico and the cute kitties of Marco in Urbino
- resting well in the easy town atmosphere and comfortable home of Luke in Rovigo
- learning a lot on health eating from Mauro in Ravenna
- living the home of 9 cats with Fred in Perugia
- after long rejection, we were finally hosted by Marco in San Giovanni Valdarno, thus able to enjoy Florence.
- We are so happy to have the new year celebration with real Bolognese sauce by Jason and Valentina in Bologna
- On the new year day we have the family life with Devi and Moses in Padova
- after a long journey to Spain, we are hosted by Rosa who make our full enjoyment of Barcelona possible
- Luis in Madrid is very welcoming and carefree, we like him a lot
- Lahcine is our first real host in Morocco and we enjoy the village life in Skoura so much
- Jamal is so a talented guy in Fes and we enjoy the time with him
- we have a comfortable rest and preparation for Egypt in Abdellah's and enjoy his talent in music
- Sam is so helpful and friendly that we celebrate Chinese lunar new year in Cairo
- we have a good time in Rajab's place in Luxor and had a good home made cuscus
- thanks to Seif we enjoy the seaside of Hurgada
- our first night in Martin's place impressed us the friendliness of Tanzanian
- we are greeted by three lovely kittens again at Gary's place in Dar es Salam
- have such a good beer time with Ronan in Arusha
- Rafael is a friendly teacher that we enjoy Moshi a lot
- in the lovely mountain area we stayed at Geoffrey's house and enjoy conversation with him
- meeting lovely Mpho and Oria is really a good family experience
- Hendrik in Cape Town is so hospitable that we enjoy having a good Chinese dinner with his family
- thanks to Ibrahim and Yucel we enjoy Istanbul, food and tango and dessert the fullest
- Ulas in Adana brought us to tango and good kebab. He is so caring
- Gul the Istanbul girl stuck in Maras help us get as much as ice-cream as possible.
- Suleyman in Isparta is so friendly and helpful, also careful, he brought us to nearby rose farm.
- Ezgi is a lovely lady whom we go hanging around and drinking in Izmir.
- We share our style of making seafood with Esra in Sigacik
- Ali in Kusadasi is a cool man and we enjoy tea on the seaside and the beautiful sunset
- Babis is a healthy person in terms of life style and we enjoy the air of freedom in his place in Thessaloniki
- The happy mom Mevlida in Tuzla helps us understand Bosnia and we enjoy the long-lost pleasure of psychotherapy exchanges
- sharing musical moment with Sebastian the nice drummer gives us a different Croatian experience when we stay away from the beautiful coast but go to Osijek
- we learn how to start a political career from Lazlo in Budapest, thanks for his hospitality we have a comfortable stay in this beautiful city
- swimming in Vienna water is a fun experience and we thank Edward bringing us, and also showing us the drinking experience
- thanks for the wonderful Maria's birthday gift by Beata who brought us to the countryside, although she made Katowice less boring, and the beer factory, we love your family so much !
- Veronika, Alban and the lovely Kloé make our day in Krakow, Poland so bright and warm, with such happy family life.
- in Propad of Slovakia, Branko helps us find free hot-spring and give us the vision of how travelers like him settle down but still with the energetic mood with children
- Andri the mountain guide in Ivano-Frankivsk of Ukraine introduces us to an exciting caving couple that bring us a happy country-side life with good adventure
- Viktor of Yaremche Ukraine is a good activist loving his country who give us insight of how to tackle and help a corrupted government
- Eugeniu And Mary in Baie Mare open the door of Romania to us, the cuisine and their hospitality move us a lot
- Adela and Dan in Cluj-Napoca give us the vision of healthy lifestyle and the ways of keep sane in an insane world
- we are speechless in front of the articulate Darius in the same city, but instead we make him speechless with our food exchange, we learn a lot from his talented father
- Mihai the great in Salasu de Sus opens the mountain to us and his toxic tongue help us find a way of being activist in the corrupted government
- thanks to Nicolae in Sibiu we enjoy the beautiful city
- we understand more about life in communist life and the current life of Romania with our exchange with Claudia and Andrei in Brasov
- lots of drinking, partying and eating are bought to us by Cristian of Ploiesti, a boring city gets colorful because of him
- staying in Bucharest is enjoyable with hospitality by Florent
- volka, curry and talk till late makes our love in Sofia, Bulgaria so fun with Luben
- lots of walnut, cooking and home-making makes our life busy in Hisar with Jivko's family
- Wesley opens a new possibility that we could do the same by living in a forest village near Banite in Bulgaria
- Sait of Samsun is a great backgammon player that we try so hard to beat but still unsucessful
- we share good stories about outdoor sport with the enthusiastic Cem in Trabzon
- yeah yeah, we know we are pregnant, but still happy to prove it in Surmene with Kutay and Su
- the peacecop Anastasia showed us the boring Akhalkalaki, Georgia, a different side and we can unload our burden there. Thank you
- we are finally hosted by the real couchsurfer Luka in Tbilisi, even twice, of Georgia. Without him we cannot enjoy the city so full
- the beautiful Asia is our first host in Armania and in Yerevan we have a good time smoking her kitchen
- Arin is so hospitable that we can get through the frozen Yerevan with his kindness and care
- Mahdi and Zimba in Tabriz are our first host and window of Iran, they warm us with their family in the cold
- Ayhan hosts us and brings us around the bazaar, he is a very passionate friend.
- Ali brings us around Tabriz for visitng and finding tickets
- Saeed of Esfahen is the only Iranian hosts who is real traveller, hitch-hike and tells us how to get to his place by public transport
- Mohsen hosts us like a family member and we feel so too, wanna go back to meet him.
- Mehran of Sa’adat Shahr lets us know free mind in a closed country and we have intelligent talks at his place
- Aria of Bandar Abbas is a really funny man and bring a lot of sunshine and energy on the coast side city
- we are happy to be Payam's first guest and wish we could stay longer. He is a great musician !!!
- Amin of Kerman is an energetic man bringing us his family dinner and a comfortable home
- Maryam and Ramin celebrate the end of our journey with family warmth and movie
- Reza of Tehran is an open-minded intellectual who make us settle well and enjoy the big city
Sailing, Tango, Contemporary Dance, Hiking, Cooking, Music, Museum, Cocktail-making and meeting new friends.
Movie: The Skin I live in, Three Idiots, Big Fish, 81/2, Le scaphandre et le papillon, The Decalogue,
Good Will Hunting, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, The Tango Lesson, Warriors of the Rainbow: Seediq Bale, Secret Sunshine, The Tree, Kooky (Kuky se vrací), Let the Bullets Fly, Confessions (Kokuhaku), The Concert (Le concert), Pianomania, The Red Shoes, Please Vote for Me, Okuribito (Departures), A Short Film About Killing, Ashes of Time Redux, Gran Torino, Tango, Our Dance, Cache (Hidden), Cheung fo (The Mission), Cheut ai kup gei (Exodus), The Bucket List, Ensemble, c'est tout (Hunting and Gathering), A Prairie Home Companion, Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who! A Londoni Férfi (The Man From London), Momento, Life Is Beautiful (La Vita è bella),
Books: 1984, Haruki Murakami's, Kite Runner, Air Babylon, Love's Executioner, A Purpose Driven Life, Brave New World, The Chronicles of Narnia, 天龍
Backpack around the world -like what we are doing!!
English, Cantonese, Mandarin, Chinese, Chinese cuisine, sailing, Mental Disorder and Treatment issues, Tango, Contemporary dance. Cocktail such as Sangria, Mojito etc.
Cantonese cuisine, films, tango, psychological assessment (?), language, cocktail, fun time with sport, adventure, photos, stories etc.
Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belize, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Honduras, Hungary, India, Iran, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Norway, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Scotland, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Taiwan, Tanzania, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Viet Nam, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Join Couchsurfing to see AdleyMaria's full profile. It's free!View Full Profile