Not Accepting Guests
- 60% response rate
- Last login about 9 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Alexandra’s full profile. It’s free!
My name is Alexandra, I'm 25 years old. And here some (fun?) fact about me:
- I'm half French/half Portugese but my portuguese isn't very good, which I try to improve each time I visit Portugal
- I'm vegetarian but nothing against meat eaters (my boyfriend is one of them)
- I have a cat whose name is Spock, and I think the name is pretty well chosen since he isn't a big fan of hugs
- I love plants, but I kill them all the time (Yes even cacti!)
- My left thumb is 1 cm shorter than the right because I injured it when I was younger
- One of my big dream is to travel the world (the whole world), if I were rich, this would be the number one thing I would do
- I started med school thinking about finding treatment for cancer or Aids. I don't have this dream anymore but I certainly love helping people everyday
- I'm very interested about environnement saving and I live a pretty eco-friendly life (kind of minimalist, and -not totally- zero waste) which I talk about on youtube
My next travel projects : UK (6th time there), California and the Grand Canyon.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Simply because, I love travelling and meeting new people. I think ther isn't a better way to travel than meeting local people.
I also plan to travel solo at least for a part of my next trip and it would be so cool to meet people where I'll go.
I'm a curious person and I enjoy experiencing new things. Of course I love travelling, but it's not something that I can do all the time.
On my free time at home, I love doing stuff by myself (like home furnitures and decoration, sewing clothes, etc), watching movies, and cooking (when I'm not to lazy).
And as I said before, I'm very interested in enviromental issues. I started a youtube channel to talk about my zero waste and (kind of) minimalist lifestyle. But don't worry I'm not an extremist, I just tend to live according to my values, trying to do the best I can (which is not perfect).
I also love Architecture, design and modern art. My favorite things to do when I travel? Walking through cities to admire the architecture and to find some street art, and visiting modern art museums.
- modern art
- solo travel
- vegetarian cooking
- vegan cooking
Music, Movies, and Books
I'm watching to much movie to remember all of them but some of my favorites are Forrest Gump, the first Star Wars trilogy, Harry Potter (who isn't a fan?!), Marvel super heroes movies, but also Pride and Prejudice, When Harry met Sally. Pretty eclectic!
My favorite band is The Beatles. In general, I love 60's and 90's rock, 50's blues/rythm and blues, and more modern: Arcade Fire, Pheonix, Florence and The Machine, and a lot more.
I was a big reader when I younger but with my studies I have hard time reading. When I have time thought I love Agatha Christie's and Jane Austen's book, and English litterature. But I'm not a big fan of french one (trauma from high school I think)
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I lived one month in Nepal with a local family. This was wonderful and the family was very nice, especially the kids who I played card games with.
I experienced riding on an elephant twice during that journey. This was amazing, I still remember the sensation of their skin under my hand. But this is something I wouldn't again now that I know how elephants are exploited in those touristic attractions.
Countries I’ve Visited
Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Nepal, Netherlands, Portugal, Sweden, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In