Not Accepting Guests
- Last login almost 4 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Virginia’s full profile. It’s free!
I tend to come across as quiet, contemplative and mysterious :), especially when meeting people for the first time. Beyond that, I've been called a variety of things to my face: smart, weird, shy, amazing, too serious, unrealistic, cute, funny, etc. It sort of depends on the other person I'm with I guess.
I'd be lying if I said I knew what I was living my life for. Different philosophies have come and gone over the years.
I hope to find The Meaning of Life(TM) one day, but in the mean time, these are the things I do believe in:
- treating everyone with utmost respect and consideration
- personal development, life-long learning
- some sort of higher power
- being self-aware and living consciously
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Just joined, have no experience yet but maybe that'll change!
The things I enjoy the most in life are deep conversations, awesome friends, great books and yummy food. I'm a dreamer, philosopher and life-long student at heart, with a huge variety of interests (mostly intellectual though, admittedly).
Music, Movies, and Books
I'm not terribly cultured when it comes to movies; that is, I'll watch pretty much anything that isn't cringe comedy or sappy chick flicks, and enjoy it.
I like beautiful instrumental pieces (e.g. Yanni), but I can appreciate a good pop song.
Books! I love my books. :) At the moment, personal development is at the top of my list. As far as fiction goes, I really enjoy fantasy and some types of sci fi. Yes, I like Harry Potter and The Hunger Games, too.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
1. Being in, quite literally, the middle of nowhere and looking up at the night sky filled with stars. Trying to comprehend the vastness of the universe and our place in it, kind of like the Total Perspective Vortex in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
2. Petting a cheetah in a zoo in Kenya. I was the first of my friends to go, so it was a bit nerve-wracking. I couldn't smile at the camera or take my eyes off him, until he stopped staring in the general direction of my neck.
3. Watching particularly cute animal videos on youtube. How can anything be that adorable and precious???
Countries I’ve Visited
Canada, China, Kenya, Tanzania, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Canada, United States