Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 2 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see ALOCAI’s full profile. It’s free!
Being a great daddy :-)
Hej! I'm Alo. Born in Cadiz (Southern Spain), I currently live in Stockholm with my girlfriend, Elin (who is from Sweden) and my little son, Iker. :-)
Somebody once defined us as a glamorous couple, but we think we are just the opposite ;-)
We are quite relaxed and easy-going. Love meeting new people and leveraging every single minute that this life is offering us.
We like exercising and being out. We also enjoy spending time with our friends. We don't have TV, car or some other things that many other people consider fundamental. Life is about enjoying its small pleasures (a walk, a conversation, a hug, a smile)... keeping it as simple as possible.
- No matter where you go, people treat you the way you treat them
- Sustained happiness comes not from what we GET, but from what we GIVE
- Money, influence and position are NOTHING compared with brains, principles, energy and perseverance
- Every moment in front of another human being is an opportunity to express your highest values and best self
- Stay courageous in a world that discourages you from being exceptional
- Be excellent even when you least feel like it
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
- Introduced a lot of new people to CS.
- Hosted a bunch of people -both in Spain and Sweden- since late 2005 (see references below).
- Surfin´. So far we've done it in Denmark, Hong Kong, Thailand, South Africa, Botswana, Turkey and Sri Lanka.
- Meeting new people -mostly through groups- at home or when travelling. Done that already in Syria, Sweden, Lebanon, Angola, India, Singapore, Tunisia, Congo, Taiwan and Brazil.
I adore this project. Every single CS experience I've had so far has been absolutely POSITIVE.
I've been hosting people and surfing other couches before I knew about the existence of this social experiment.
- SPORTS (specially triathlon, skiing and MTB)
- PHOTOGRAPHY (http://www.flickr.com/photos/alocai)
- NATURE and adventures
- Discovering new stuff
- Ironman (the triathlon, not the superhero)
- Good food
- Technology & sustainability
Music, Movies, and Books
Book: The catcher in the rye; High Adventure; The white tiger
Movie: Life is beautiful, Nueve reinas
Music: Pretty much, everything...
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Hitch hacked ~2000km along Australia, dived in the Great Barrier Reef or in the Red Sea, explored the jungles of Panama, gazed Northern Lights in Lapland, walked along frozen lakes in Finland, watched the midnight sun in North Cape, walked in the Sahara desert, crossed borders with a bike (or backwards, with a car), ran along Conakry, finished Ironman triathlon, got into the Great Pyramid of Giza, upgraded the worst VS of the World in Nigeria, listened to lions' roars at night in the Okavango Delta, watched lionesses eating a wildebeest, kissed Nia, contemplated Dubai from the tallest building in the World, survived cycling +1000km in Turkey and +2000km in India, summitted the 6962m of Mt. Aconcagua (Elin), trekked to Everest Base Camp, watched a breathtaking snow avalanche on Nuptse, completed "Ganges Expedition 2011", gave a speech about "Motivation and Goals Achievement", finished a triathlon after dislocating my shoulder during the swimming, saw Elin giving birth to Iker, ...
Teach, Learn, Share
Teach: some things related to engineering, photography or sports.
Learn: that's what we like the most.
Share: everything's to be shared!
What I Can Share with Hosts
- Food made with plenty of love
- Quite a few movies and documentaries (in a huge HD definition screen) :-p
- Three different chess boards
- 4 Bikes
- Whatever needed...
Countries I’ve Visited
Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Cambodia, China, Congo, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guinea, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Jordan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Lithuania, Mexico, Monaco, Morocco, Mozambique, Nepal, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, Panama, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syrian Arab Republic, Taiwan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican City State, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
Finland, Spain, Sweden