- Last login 19 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Anna’s full profile.
FOR SURFERS (if you are sending me a request)
- Minneapolis is a popular destination, especially in the summertime. I receive about 4-8 requests monthly and ~20/month in summer. Like many Minnesotans, I like to explore Minnesota and travel in the summer. So keep in mind, I might say "no".
- I reply to all requests, but it might be within 7 days.
- Other than time availability, I pay a very close attention to your profile and references. It's not your age, occupation, or race that matters to me; I am looking to host a person with whom I could enjoy a nice conversation and become lifelong friends. I just need to know more about people I haven't met and decide if I'd like to share my space, my time, my culture with them.
- Monday-Friday I leave at 7am for work.
- I enjoy to spend some time with my guests so I’d like to spend at least one evening getting to know.
- In your request email, let me know why you are visiting my city and why you've selected me to be your host.
- Give thanks: I take my host job very seriously. My apartment is your home, not a hotel room. Do something nice for me, too so I can remember you as my friend. One thing I really like is wine; you'll make me very happy if you bring me a bottle of French wine!
FOR HOSTS (if I'm sending you a request)
- I often travel with my mom; she is my best friend! In my request I will indicate if it is just me or both of us.
- I respect your time, so I'll be asking when it would be ok to arrive and when I should leave.
I work at a big company as user experience researcher. Prior to this job, I was at a tech startup. I'm sure that when we meet, at some point I'll show you a few cool things on my phone...
By nature, I am a very curious individual who enjoys meeting new people. When we meet, be ready for a long conversation... I want to know who you are, what we have in common, and what we can learn from each other.
I'm on Couchsurfing because like many its members, I love traveling. Sometimes I travel alone, sometimes my mom joins me. When I travel, I like meeting local people who can introduce me to their city and culture. Personally, I am interested in history, culture, and food so almost every trip I start with museums and restaurants that serve local food. My favorite museum is Lincoln's museum in Illinois and the most "weird' food I had so far was guinea pig in Ecuador.
Whether you are looking for a host or just to meet with a local, let me know. I'd be happy to meet for lunch/dinner/coffee and share my stories with you (and I have a lot of them!) and hear yours. Or, we can cook together and share some of our recipes with each other. Although I'm new to Minneapolis, I would be happy to explore the area with you.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Why I host? I've been very fortunate to meet several wonderful friends through Couchsurfing while traveling for conferences or visiting new places as a tourist. Now, when I have a bigger apartment and I'm done with my PhD, it is my time to give back to this wonderful community by hosting other members.
Why I request to stay with others?
I look at CS as a unique opportunity to meet new friends and learn about their culture and share mine.
One of my passions is cooking! I love learning new recipes and trying new dishes. When I travel I always explore local restaurants and try to cook something for my host family.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
visited Chichen-Itza and Pisa...but more wonders to discover!
Countries I’ve Visited
Bahamas, Canada, Croatia, Ecuador, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Romania, Russian Federation, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine
Countries I’ve Lived In
France, Moldova, Russian Federation, United States