Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 6 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Becs.Jarvis’s full profile. It’s free!
I moved to New Zealand to study for my PhD and now work as a researcher in interdisciplinary conservation science. Essentially, trying to figure out how we can achieve environmental and social outcomes together. I work on a couple of different conservation projects and have been lucky enough to head down to Antarctica as part of a research mission exploring human impact and climate change on the ice - definitely one of the best experiences of my life so far!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I turned up to a CS event when I first arrived in Auckland and got hooked! I am an active part of the Auckland CS community (my New Zealand family!) and have met so many incredible people through events, drinks, and adventures.
Road trips, camping, tramping, hiking, beaches, the sea, forests, mountains, swimming, snorkelling, scuba diving, live music, laughing, drinking, street food, travelling, sharing stories, reading, writing, learning, street art, photojournalism, social good projects, theatre, and dancing (I dance badly, but enthusiastically!)
- street art
- live music
- scuba diving
- road trips
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Travelled to Antarctica as part of a NZ research mission
- Ran a Marine Research Programme in Madagascar
- Lived in a wooden hut on the beach for 9 months
- Snorkelled with manta rays
- Scuba dived with wild dolphins
- Swam in glowing phosphorescence under a full moon
- Waded through the acqua alta in Venice
- Fished for calamari at sunrise in Greece
- Paddled down the Tsiribihina river in a pirogue.
- Became qualified as a PADI Divemaster
- CS Tongariro crossing
Countries I’ve Visited
Antarctica, Australia, Canada, Fiji, France, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy, Madagascar, Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, France, Greece, Madagascar, New Zealand, United Kingdom