Maybe Accepting Guests
- 0% response rate
- Last login 9 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Blackpanther’s full profile. It’s free!
has anyone seen my shoes? I kicked them off in a fit of joy
Hmm, I am terrible at describing myself, but will do my best.. I was born and raised in Rio de Janeiro. Yes, we do have cars, and pre historic ones, such as Fiat UNO. No, I do not live in trees and I do not have monkeys for parent.. I am very unique person, with a wicked sense of humor and I'm too kind and I believe in the Brazilian philosophy that kindness generates kindness. I hate materialism and the snobbery it breeds.
Also I am addicted to sports, and even when traveling I manage to fit in some sports activities and exercise. I love to do open sea swims, I'm lucky to live 5 min walk from a beach, so I can do it every morning.. I did try as many sport as possible, such as boxing, kung fu and other kinds of martial arts, belly dance, ski, hiking, surf, wakeboard, slack line, acrobatic circus tricks (I loooooove circus juggling, acrobatics and all the "package"), and so much more.. but I am not a pro in no one. As my friends would say I am a sort of a "jack-of-all-trades", a bard. If you never heard about Tolkien or any of his books, just forget it.. and shame on you!
Lately I'm studying and doing some acting classes, it's a fascinating world that I've just dive into it.
During my 10 years traveling I have learned some helpful hints to live by:
1. Surround yourself with positive people (that have something to add to your life) and stay far far away of the whining ones.
2. Exercise yourself at least 3x weekly. If you are on a trip or whatever, skip some rope. That is what I always do, it is easy to carry and you can do it pretty much anywhere, no excuses, lol.
3. Everything around us is made up of energy. To attract positive things in your life, start by giving off positive energy
4. "Talk the talk, walk the walk", truly, only believe in what your eyes can see. Many travelers talk a lot, and when you are traveling it is easy to pretend to be superman, a prince, a doctor, or whatever. Because I do not know you, do not know where you live and know nothing about your life, it is easy for anybody to make up any kind of ÃÂ¢Ãâ¬ÃÅdreamlifeÃÂ¢Ãâ¬ÃÂ, no offense.
5. Smart people are never bored, ha!
6. If you do not know the country well, do not start trying all the food that you never ever heard about it. Trust me.. this is very important
7. No matter what, always see the good side of things and try to learn from your own mistakes. This is the hardest one.
8. Never EVER mix Baileys with citrus stuff!
9. If you do not know the beach or have never been there, do not be a kamikaze and jump in the middle of the freaking waves. I cannot remember how many times I have had to call the firefighters, helicopters to rescue tourists, ha!
10. Live and do not be ashamed of being happy. Remember that money comes back, time does not!
Keep in mind that "to make mistakes is human; to stumble is commonplace; to be able to laugh at yourself is maturity." William Arthur Ward
I only have kliche answers for that, sorry!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
"You get what you give".
I trully only believe in what my eyes could see.
People must learn first to give, before asking...
waves crushing sound
people (people always amuse me!)
laughing so hard I nearly pee a little
finding money in my pocket that I forgot was there
stuff my face with great food
Music, Movies, and Books
uh, so many..
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I did 6 months of volunteer work at Sergipe, Brazil. I work helping the children from "seca" . Where they suffer with drought, It have a substantial impact on the ecosystem and agriculture, making them for years struggling without food, water .. the first week I was totally shocked, couldnt handle all the situation without falling into tears.
Some of them don't have parents anymore and giving them a little bit of time and love, I have no words to describe how this small kids react. They have nothing and its so easy making them smile, with just a little caress, attention and love. Dealing with kids its great fun, It's like getting inside a Calvin & Hobbes book.
Stayed there makes me give so much value to smalls things. And we can't denied that the only thing that really matter (should be) is life.