Wants to Meet Up
- Last login about 1 year ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Celeste’s full profile. It’s free!
Gosh. Well, I don't do very well with these summary things.
I currently live in San Diego and work in software for nonprofits. I love spontaneous adventures, being outside, and meeting all sorts of people.
I just moved into a new apartment, and depending on how things go with work and roommates, hope to host a few of you lovely people in spring 2017. I'm just learning the city, but I am happy to hang with anyone passing through who might need a friendly face!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I think traveling on a shoestring is one of the best things, ever. If I can help others do so and introduce them to the lovely place I live, or see the world through a local's eyes, I think that is pretty dandy.
- minimalism, frugality, simplicity
- outdoor sports- backpacking, surfing, running, skiing, anything that gets me in nature!
- Soccer, frisbee, Crossfit, beach volleyball, anything active really
- clean energy, environmental stewardship, local organic food, cooking, working towards a more sustainable future
- faith, philosophy, good literature, seeking to follow Jesus
- salsa dancing
- swing dancing
- organic food
- outdoor activities
Music, Movies, and Books
I can't get over Isabel Allende. She writes beautifully.
I love acoustic, Latin music (unashamed Marc Antony fan), jazz, dubstep, and discovering new bands.
I don't watch many movies, but I just watched Unbroken and it was highly impactful. If I had to pick a genre, I really love documentaries and international films.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I just got back from a (semi) spontaneous 2 month backpacking trip through Eastern Europe! It was great. :)
Teach, Learn, Share
Things I want to learn:
- Python/front-end software engineering
- French, Portuguese, Italian
- Whatever you nerd out on
What I Can Share with Hosts
Things I can teach:
- Cooking seasonally and locally
- Basic Arabic
- Salsa dancing
- Swing dancing
- Resume optimization/honing interviewing skills
- Basic nutrition
- Basic piano
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Canada, England, France, Guatemala, Israel, Italy, Mexico, Peru, Scotland, Spain, Tunisia
Countries I’ve Lived In
Chile, Colombia, Jordan, United States