Wants to Meet Up
- Last login about 21 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Charley’s full profile.
••••••••••••••• 🗽NYC Events 🎟 ••••••••••••••
Picnic Info: https://www.newyorkcharles.com/picnic
••••••••••••••• 🕺🏻About Me 🙋🏻♂️ ••••••••••••••••
Hola CSfers! Extrovert, spontaneous that pushed himself out of his comfort zone and now sees the positive side of life. I work in education and travel during the school's break. I love to wander unfamiliar places where I have never been before and may have a language challenge. When I'm exposed to different cultures I'm always amazed and like to learn more about their country and way of living.
I prefer dying living life than living life dying.
••••••••••••••• 👨🏻💻 Social Media 🤳🏼 ••••••••••••••
•••••••••••••••••🕵🏻♂️ Mission 🔎 ••••••••••••••••
I always love to meet other outgoing people who could be locals, expats, and other travelers and learn more about them, their lifestyle at home, and any tips or interesting travel stories they may have.
When it’s my last breath, I want to smile.
•••••••••••••••••• 🛋 Host 🏡••••••••••••••••••
• HOSTED: *Me looking for a host* “I’m not a serial killer, please host me!” Hahah. I hope I can be a guest at your place even if it’s just for one night, it’s a night you opened your doors for me! If you’re not able to host me I'm always looking to meet new people!
** Just finished my 8 months backpacking Latin America! Unfortunately I can't host as I'm staying with family **
• HOSTING: When I host I'm open to hangout with surfers and show around NYC spots, bars, and nightlife. I'm a social person who likes socializing on the weekends and sometimes staying home and hangout at my terrace (when saving to travel). Sadly, if I'm busy I will give you recommendations and you can do your own thing.
If you're looking for a place to crash after being out all day exploring I'm okay with that as I know it is hard sometimes to find a host that would be okay with surfers just sleeping as your time is limited to be staying in if I can’t leave the house that day. Sometimes I might even come home later then you if I have plans myself *Laughs in Spanish.*
House rule: So far I haven’t had to set any as surfers have been amazingly respectful and conscious when being hosted and coming home late.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
My cousin told me about it, I started using it and met great people who I still keep in touch with.
• Learning about unfamiliar cultures.
• Trying international and new food.
• New languages.
• Exploring and wandering new places.
• Nightlife and bars.
Music, Movies, and Books
Depending on the vibe and mood.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
• Quit my job, gave up my apartment, grabbed my bags, and backpacked in Latin America for 8 months.
• Was backpacking in Sweden and went to Denmark for my first spontaneous weekend trip to a different country in one trip.
• Booked a last minute flight 3 days before for a 12 day in Cuba while on my way to work.
• Hitchhiked in Mexico in a small town to ruins with someone I met here on hangouts for the first time.
• Pushed myself to do my first solo backpacking for 7 weeks in Brazil and saw the Rio 2016 Olympics in person.
Teach, Learn, Share
• Teach: English and Español
• Learning Português, Français
What I Can Share with Hosts
• Languages: English and Español.
• Travel companion.
• Walking partner.
• Bar/lounge/club buddy.
Countries I’ve Visited
Brazil, Canada, Cuba, Denmark, Dominican Republic, France, Mexico, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
Countries I’ve Lived In
Dominican Republic, United States