- Ultimo accesso about 2 hours fa
Iscriviti a Couchsurfing per visualizzare il profilo completo di Charles. È gratis!
I love travelling!! I'm spending 2016 & 2017 travelling and working around the world.
I enjoy taking my time to get to know a place quite well. And prefer exploring off the beaten track than joining the tourist queues, or tours.
Perché sono iscritto su Couchsurfing
I've hosted in New Zealand, and have been along to a few meetups. I have surfed in France & Iran.
I rarely surf or host now, and mainly use couch surfing to meet people while travelling. I'm more interested in making new friends than looking for a free place to stay, but if I can stay, or help someone out it's a bonus :-)
Exploring the outdoors
Going on random adventures
Discovering new music & short films
Learning new languages
- organic food
- outdoor activities
- track and field
Musica, film e libri
Love reading travel adventure books.
Recently I read Kenneth Bae's
recount of his time in North Korea.
Movies: love art house, comedies, or something that keeps you guessing.
Una cosa incredibile che ho fatto
Lots of great memories, it's hard to choose just one!
- Exploring New Zealand & finding a hidden waterfall
- Staying with Karen villagers in the mountains of Thailand
- Going to a theme park with North Korean locals in Pyongyang
- Carnival in Brazil
Insegna, impara, condividi
I'm studying to become a Polygot, fluent in English, French, Spanish, Mandarin & Korean.
After living in NZ, and doing Working Holidays overseas I've been working on a blog post on how to get the most out of the WHV in NZ - Watch this space!
** My best picks of Wellington 2016 **
- Best sushi: Blowfish - https://goo.gl/maps/m6mDi
- Best coffee: (debatable - there's so many places!) Try People's coffee - https://goo.gl/maps/16ieez9YMTJ2
- Best chocolate: WCF - https://goo.gl/maps/erBnQ
- Best deserts: Matterhorn - https://goo.gl/maps/dYPJ9
- Best public homemade swing: https://goo.gl/maps/xP17Z
- Best organic food store: Common Sense Organics - https://goo.gl/maps/N68y6
- My favourite vegetable market: Victoria St farmers market (Sunday mornings only) - https://goo.gl/maps/s0sZR
- Best place to see wild seals: Red rocks - https://goo.gl/maps/8mFaI
- Best place to find wild penguins (in winter): https://goo.gl/maps/9YyAg
- Best place to get selfies with planes as they land almost on top of you: https://goo.gl/maps/WsCjZ & https://www.wellingtonairport.co.nz/flights/arrivals/
- Best abandoned WW2 army base to visit: https://goo.gl/maps/dhgWP
- There's so much more! But I'll have to tell you them in person :-)
Paesi che ho visitato
Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, China, Fiji, French Polynesia, India, Iran, Ireland, Japan, Netherlands, North Korea, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Viet Nam
Paesi in cui ho vissuto
France, New Zealand