- Last login 13 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Ru’s full profile. It’s free!
Impatient, funny, nerd, generous, selfish, hitchiker, musician... No one's perfect and nor am I. I'm a music nerd, adventurer, dreamer, hitchiker... I got my ups and downs as anyone!
No one should fully judge you by a profile GET TO KNOW ME! Check some of the references too if you want to have a first glimpse or just contact me!
"Don't tell me what I can't do!"
"Don't tell me how well educated you're but how much you've travelled"
"For 25 years I have been trying to talk to economists, they just don't wanna listen. I am teaching the Young people instead".
"Live, dream, hug, dream, accept, dream, cry, cream... DREAM DREAM DREAM!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Actively! Hosting (when I can lock my parents in the closet haha), surfing and showing around. Do not hesitate to let me know me if you come to Barcelona or have any questions. If my uni schedule allows me and your profile seams cool I'd love to show some cool places :)
Such a great idea! most of them have been amaziiing! Sharing a room with other surfers in Tromso and meeting them afterwards in Barcelona, sleeping in the Stockholm university, sharing a good paella/wine with australian people just met...
CS philosophy rules! Let's hope it does not turn into something else as it seams lately...
- MUSIC: Playing the piano, composing, listening and analyzting music, sharing it on the internet, reading/discussing & dreaming about it. Whatever man. Music nerd.
- PHOTOGRAPHY: still in need of some learning but it makes me feel at peace.
- VOLUNTEERING/KIDS: I have volunteered in Iceland, worked with kids... Those are the kind of experiences that change the way you think and make you question everything.
- HITCHIKING, HIKING: adventure adventure adventure!
- LANGUAGES: even if it's a language spoken by only 4 people in the most remote place on earth. It gives us identity, and it's the base of culture. Teach me!
- SPORTS: all kind of sports (except for fighting ones) specially handball, hiking and football.
- CINEMA/TV SHOWS/DOCUMENTARIES: specially those that leave you thinking, help you questioning everything, tough puzzles, crazy movies, make it possible to debate, emotionally deep...
- COOKING: new one! I used to be kind of a lazy ass but I find cooking funny, social and culturally basic so anything you can teach my I'd very much appreciate it.
- ECONOMICS: I am a currently interested in the degrowth movement and anything to do with ecological-byophisical economics which challenges neoclassical economics defended by most governments and taught in most universities. I am also taking part in the post-crash movement which calls for pluralism in economics in Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- AND... Anything that tickles my curiosity.
Music, Movies, and Books
Music: Classical, Indie/Rock, Gipsy, Heavy, Electronic, Trance, Reggae&Ska, Funky, Spaghetti Western, Rancheras,... Pretty crazy uh? Some of my favourite groups: Nightwish, Kettel Obrint Pas, Röyksopp, Caravan Palace, Muse, Gorilazz, AvB, Khachaturian, Chairlift... And yes... Spotify is the XXI revolutionary breakthrough!
Books: orwell's 1984 is just awesome! Not proud to say that I'm not really much into reading other than newspaper, music stuff or some history...
Cinema: different stuff. Tarantino, Iñárritu, Almodóvar... Films such us Incendies, Holy Motors, The Reader, La piel que habito, We Need to Talk About Kevin, BBC Earth...
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Hinking in Eyjafjallajökull. If pronouncing it is funny being there is even more! Got lost in the middle of the island-mountain-glacier super volcano in Iceland but eventually found someone and could survive hehe.
Hithiking in the Lofoten islands and being invited to sleep in a family's carvan and live with them and their kids for some days. Changed my life, really.
Taking a dip in the Pacific, up in Vancouver while watching the rocky mountains in the distance. My dream from when I was a teenager.
Teach, Learn, Share
LEARN: Playing instruments, cooking, photography, religion&philosophy, Icelandic! ... Anthing cultural, artsy or interesting. I'm pretty corious.
TEACH: some piano and music and how to prepare a nice sangría de cava, some basics of photography and catalan/spanish, some basic juggling, making an orinoco heart, best guacamole ever, how to make people smile in the metro dressing up as a mariachi and singing!
Countries I’ve Visited
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Russian Federation, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In