Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 6 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Tina’s full profile. It’s free!
We are biking across America to learn, explore, and share experiences about transitioning towards logical and sustainable lifestyles and society.
We have come together for many reasons. Our primary concern is to activate ideas. We believe in a lifestyle and societal transition through education, scientific inquiry, consciousness expansion, skill shares and and other forms of action to reduce the profound, negative impacts of the consumer culture saturating the United States of America.
We believe in harmony (a balance between give and take), looking to ecology for understanding the unwritten laws of life. Each person being as equally important to a balanced cycle of life as the next. . We promote in each member complete freedom to form their own role. We work in solidarity with each other. We will be engaging in urban & wild foraging, camping, and community building.
I vow to:
1) Be entirely open-minded to all ideas and beliefs of others, despite their opposition with my own.
2) Act in accordance to the benefit of the whole rather than with self-interest.
3) Practice patience, toleration, and forgiveness.
4) Take only what is needed; avoid over-consumption and wastefulness.
5) Give back equally what is taken.
6) Strive to invoke one million smiles.
7) Practice right intentions, speech, action, livelihood, and effort.
8) Be mindful in all activities.
9) Be the change I wish to see in the world.
10) Help anyone in need, so long as it does not violate any of the previous vows.
If I violate any of these vows, I will forgive myself; I am a human being who makes mistakes. Despite imperfections, I will pursue the creation of a more beautiful world with hope, joy, and love.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I have hosted people in the past on my personal couch surfing account.
Now I look towards the couch surfing community to hang out with us if we come through your town and maybe give us a backyard or point us in the direction of a lovely bit of woods to set up our hammocks & tents in for the night.
We are making videos for our You Tube channel throughout the trip so if you're doing an interesting project, especially one related to sustainable living and societies, we could love to film you chatting about it and showing it off.
It would also be sweet to showcase the faces behind the surfing. There are so many great people involved with this site.