Maybe Accepting Guests
- 3% response rate
- Last login about 1 month ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Daniel’s full profile. It’s free!
...the grand tour is the inspired man's way of heading home.
Originally borned in Copenhagen, grew up in Norway's capital city Oslo and returned to my birthplace 12 years later. This makes me part Dane and part Norwegian. Spent my childhood with my somewhat rootless father. Been moving a lot around in Denmark and Norway on top of spending 1 year on Gran Canaria. Many is opposed to move around alot but I see the great opportunity to meet new and interesting people which is something I'm very fond of. Combining this with my cravings for adventures and new experiences gives the answer to my travel urge.
I guess I'm easy going with a childish goofiness, believing that a good laughter will prolonge your life and make your surroundings cheerfull. I like to ask questions and listen to the sound of the world. I try to live loud without bothering people and enjoying every single experience; to be openmined is my mission. I cherish and respect the animal life and like to sponge the beautiness of nature, and besides my financial education, I want to be Captain Planet and do my part to keep the world in an ecological balance. I love the crazy rythm in big cities and I love the tranquility of the nature. I like cold and sunny days, to be asleep, to be awake, daydreaming, discovering all colours of life... :)
PICTURES FROM ONGOING TRAVEL
Not traveling at the moment!
"The traveler was active; he went strenuously in search of people, of adventure, of experience. The tourist is passive; he expects interesting things to happen to him." - Daniel J. Boorstin
Travellers embrace the culture, travellers eat the local delicacies, travellers learn the language and travellers get off the beaten path.
Adventure it all before it's too late and only trust yourself to make things happen. Time is limited so don't waste it. Why do things tomorrow you can do today?
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Being new to CS, I haven't had the opportunity to give much. But seeing this to be a great project, I will, with time, do what I can to promote the CS community besides being an outstanding host and surfer =D
I have not been able to host much yet (I'm a relatively new member living in a small town). But looking forward to it. Have participated in CS meetings in Spain and will hopefully get a lot of good CS experiences during my travel in Central and South America. My utopia of CS experience can be expressed something like this...
meet people who enrichen my soul, travel without moving, enjoy the colours of the world by tapping into the ocean of like-minded travelers' experiences...
Pictures from CS experiencesCoucSurfing Experiences in More Detail22. Hosted Alissa and her friend for some nights. Copenhagen, Denmark. 22nd - 24th November 2012.
21. Met up with Winnie for a night when her cabin crew job got her to CPH. Copenhagen, Denmark. 27th of January 2012.
20. Stayed at generous K&K´s big house (Katia and her daughter Katerina). Niteroi (Rio de Janeiro), Brazil. 4th to 14th of March 2011.
19. Touring the BA barrio of Palermo and pic-nic´ing in the park with Lorena. Buenos Aires, Argentina. End February 2011.
18. Surfed Carolina´s couch in Buenos Aires, Argentina. 12th - 17th of February 2011.
17. Surfed David´s couch in Buenos Aires, Argentina. 9th - 12th of February 2011. He was such an excellent host I gladly came back for a second round, 17th - 23rd of February 2011.
16. SuperBowl gathering in Buenos Aires. 6th of February 2011
15. CS outing at night with Santtu and his two canadian friends in Arequipa, Peru. 12th of December 2010
14. Did some Cuenca (Ecuador) fiesta with Venessa aka "The Hongky". 1st - 3rd of November 2010.
13. Been hanging out with the CS Guayaquil (Ecuador) gang from the 21st of October to 23rd of October 2010 drinking beer in Chappus Bar with Marina, doing a monoloco city tour with Adriana + Juan and attending a fiesta de sombreros locos with Adrian + Malu to just mention a few from the crew (hell yeah, it rhymes...).
12. Surfed Wlady´s couch in Riobamba, Ecuador. 15th - 21st of October 2010. As Wlady was in process of getting married and honeymooning, Jake, a fellow CS´er working with Wlady, took care of me in Wlady´s house.
11. Had a good time at the weekly CS meeting in Bogotá at Fatima Bar. 16th of September 2010.
10. Surfed Maurent´s couch in Bogotá, Colombia. 23rd - 27th of July 2010.
9. Met up with Julia in Rio Dulce, Guatemala on the 21st of March 2010. Been traveling through Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador and Nicaragua with her for more than 30 days.
8. Attended AMÉRICA - PACHUCA @ Estadio Azteca in Mexico City with Carlos, Peter, Araceli, Anita and some Mexican señores and señoritas. 21st of March 2010.
7. Surfed Carlos' couch in Mexico City, Mexico. 17th - 22th March 2010.
6. Surfed Anita's couch in Mexico City, Mexico. 12th - 14th March 2010.
5. One night in Condesa, Mexico City with Araceli from Mexico. 11th March 2010.
4. Hosted Cláudia from São Paulo, Brazil. 19th - 20th February 2010.
3. CS meeting in Malaga, Spain. 26th December 2009
2. Road trip in Andalucia with Maris, his girlfriend and my little brother. 25th - 26th December 2009
1. CS meeting in Malaga, Spain. 28th August 2009
I run a lot and usually make a great effort to run in forest, parks etc. You can without any doubt call me a nature lover and I love spending time outside camping, fishing (I'm an amateur who barely knows how to attach the hook to the line but this doesn't make it less of an experience), taking long walks on beaches or just watch the stars. Animals is a great part of nature and to see more exotic species I love to go to the zoo. When I'm not outside I like to read books, read mangas, listen to music and listen to some more music. Football is a great social activity and I practis it on the field and in front of the TV. I'm a somewhat big fan of Barcelona and one of my greatest wishes is to see them beat Real Madrid on Camp Nou. Besides all this my GREATEST interests of them all is traveling. Walking out of the airport, bus, train or car to a whole different and unknown place, feeling really small and being guilty of ignorance of the surroundings, people and culture, I begin to delightfully combat this ignorance and hope to eliminate it during my stay. Oh yeah, almost forgot to say I love conversations =D
- rock climbing
Music, Movies, and Books
Love electronic music of all kinds. Tarantino, Lynch and Burton is the most brilliant movie producers. At the moment I'm very fond of the author José Saramago and Douglas Adams.
Recomendable travel-readings from my travels
:: Che Guevara - The Bolivian Diary
:: Tim O´Brien - The Things They Carried
:: Homer - The Odyssey
:: Barbara Kingslover - Pigs In Heaven
:: Kafka - The Metamorphosis
:: Alaa Al Aswany - The Yacoubian Building
:: Andrea Levy - Small Island
:: Ben Okri - Stars Of The New Curfew
:: Rusty Young - Marching Powder
:: Khaled Hosseini - A Thousand Splendid Suns
:: Michael Ondaatje - The English Patient
:: Mario Vargas Llosa - Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter
:: Haruki Murakami - Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
:: Gregory David Roberts - Shantaram
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Standing in Racing´s fangr oup jumping, screaming and throwing arms in the air at an argentinian football match against Boca Juniors, seeing the sunset from the summit of Huayna Potosi, having a whaleshark passing 5 meters underneath me, my first dive, the stone city of Petra in Jordan, the islands of Thailand, the people of Cambodia, the food in Mexico, the seewall drive in Havana, the mountains of Norway and all the future adventures to be had.
To come: A Trans-Siberian train journey, climbing Mount Everest, building a snowman on Antarctica, dancing on the Moon, drinking tea in The Forbidden City, feed Lonesome George (a turtle) on Galapogas...
Teach, Learn, Share
Teach: The humor of danes and the culture of my people
Learn: Spanish, cultures of the world, the nature of people
Share: The goodtimes of life
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Cambodia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Italy, Jordan, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Thailand, Uruguay, Vatican City State, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In