Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 3 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Diego’s full profile. It’s free!
To keep in mind time runs fast. One day you´re here, the other you may not. To find ways to make every second count. Get to know exciting and interesting people and places. To check different realities. To learn and help. To always evolve.
Let´s keep going.
I´m a "carioca", a guy from Rio de Janeiro. We have sun almost all year, so Rio is a great place to live, that´s why I never left.
I have few but very dear and close friends.
I´m very connected with my family. I´m living with my family for the moment (and 3 cat, 2 of these kittens), after 8 years living by myself in Copacabana.
I try to work out always to look good and take care of health. I don´t drink (really! Not even wine or beer), don´t smoke, never used any drugs.
I´ve learned english all by myself, and since 1985 I try not to read subtitles in portuguese or put them in english (on DVDs and Blu-Rays) so I can learn even more every single day.
I´m a collector of Special Editions, Blu-rays and DVDs, especially TV Shows (I have almost everything you can imagine). I´m focusing more on TV Shows now.
I have as a hobby travelling to locations of said TV Shows or movies. I did several, already!
Breaking Bad, Smallville, X-men, Superman, Ghostbusters, Gossip Girl, Nashville, Like a Virgin (the Madonna video), Pompeii, Gladiator, Beverly Hills 90210.....
I don´t go out much because I like to sleep well.
I think spending a night talking with someone interesting is way better than nightclubs (although, of course, sometimes I go to them, I´m not a loner :)
Hate screaming crowds in general.
I like silence (specially to sleep!)
I like horror and epic movies (and some musicals)
I was a boy scout and later a leader. I like exploring and hiking.
I studied japanese for two years.
I know a little about astrological maps.
I don´t like HTML or anything too technical.
Hate shaving, but do it.
Like reading (so much to catch up!) and singing.
I´m honest, sincere and loyal. And fun to be with. If you captivate me, I´m the best friend you can ever have.
Everything happens for a reason.
There´s a wisdom in time, I believe that. Everything has its time and place. Every person that enters your life has a meaning.
Everybody has worries, but I try not to let them dominate me. I stay positive and think straight.
I try to help others, every way that I can. I believe that everything you do comes back to you.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I love getting to know people from other countries. Check my pictures to see how many awesome friends I knew because of CS!
I hosted some really incredible guys from all over when I had my apartment in Copacabana, giving them the keys so they could come and go according to their own schedules.
I also stayed in great places in the US and Europe.
I´m proud of having a history here with CS!
-History (love visiting historical places like Versailles, Pearl Harbor, Pompeii, the street where JKF was shot, Alcatraz prison, and others!)
- Learning languages
-Meeting new people and places
-Beach, sun, sea
-Colognes (I confess!)
-Riding on horses
- working out
- scuba diving
Music, Movies, and Books
I like movies from the 80´s (and their soundtracks)! I had in my old apartment posters of them in my walls (Back to The Future, The Goonies, E.T., Lost Boys...)
I also like The Lord of the Rings, Moulin Rouge, The Neverending Story, The Sound of Music, Gone With the Wind, and almost any vampire movie.
TV Shows..where to begin? Beverly Hills 90210 and Voyagers! were the first I was addicted to.
Later, True Blood, Vikings, Friday Night Lights, Arrow, The Walking Dead, Teen Wolf, Supernatural, Knight Rider, Battlestar Galactica, Smallville, Bewitched, One Tree Hill, Ugly Betty, Grey´s Anatomy, The X-Files, Dawson´s Creek, Third Watch, Melrose, Nip Tuck, Entourage, Gossip Girl, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Alias, Spartacus, Charmed, Looking and many more!
Recently, I´m also watching Mr. Robot, Zoo, Empire, Tyrant, The Following, Nashville (it´s so good!) and Shameless US (you HAVE to see it!).
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Diving on a cage surrounded by sharks in Hawaii
- Taking surf lessons in Waikiki, Hawaii ( I managed to get up three times, but also managed to get hit by a fellow surfer´s board in the neck. It hurt like hell)
- Visiting Pearl Harbor and the U.S.S Missouri Battleship in Hawaii
- Finding the Beverly Hills 90210 Walsh house and Dylan McKay´s house, as well the Charmed (pink) house in Los Angeles, recording the visits in FULL HD video
- Finding a premiere for the new Tim Burton movie (at the time), "Frankenwennie", in Hollywood, and staying there to check the red carpet and the stars getting close to us (Tim Burton, Winona Ryder, Martin Short, etc)
- Finding the buildings that served as locations for the Ghostbusters central and for the Daily Planet (in Superman) in NYC
- Watching a brand new movie ("Moorise Kingdom") at the classic movie theatre in Castro, San Francisco
- Biking from SF to Sausalito through the Golden Gate bridge in San Francisco
- Visiting Alcatraz, the world famous prison, in San Francisco
- Kissing the dice (my hand, actually) like Demi Moore did in "Indecent Proposal" on a table of crabs in Las Vegas
- Mounting a mechanical bull in Kansas City (we don´t have that in Brazil)
- Talking briefly with actor Jake Gyllenhaal after his play in NYC and recording that in FULL HD Video
- Shaking hands with Ricky Martin in NYC as well, also on video
- Hiking Red Rock Canyon and shouting from the top of it in Las Vegas, a thing tourists never do (usually everybody stay in the casino area)
- To see Madonna coming towards me, when she was visiting Rio and she accepted our governor´s invitation to know a famous slum ("favela"). I was working for him at the time. She was to enter the door I was standing in. I was speechless I didn´t say a thing, I only stayed there, petrified. I should´ve said something, a compliment, anything, especially when she smiled at me. (and she had no sunglasses on, so I could see straight those wonderful and brightful green eyes). She was so close, there was no one between us, I could´ve touched her (she was in my arm´s lenght) but I didn´t want to be disrespectful.(or look like a crazy person).
- Going to Versailles, in France, twice, exploring those gardens and managing to get a picture of myself ALONE at the world-famous Hall of Mirrors (crowded with tourists all the time)
- Visiting VOLCANOS (One in Santorini, Greece, and the Vesuvius, next to Pompeii, in Italy). We don´t have volcanos in Brazil.
- Visiting Pompeii (I always wanted to go there, it was amazing)
- Finding all 25 locations for my favorite movie, "Before Sunrise", in Vienna, as well famous locations of "The Sound of Music" in Salzburg, both cities in Austria.
- Talking briefly with Daniel Radcliffe in London, after his play and complimenting him for his work at a horror movie that I loved, "The Woman in Black"
(and NOT "Harry Potter" as he was expecting, as always.. he was really surprised. LOL)
- Finally seeing the real DAVI, of Michelangelo(such a huge statue), in Florence, as well THE LAST SUPPER, in Milan, both cities in Italy.
Wonderful sights I´ve seen...if you have ever been to Ipanema, to see the sunset on a glorious beach day, you know what I´m talking about. Rio has a lot of beautiful places, I´m fortunate to live here.
Sunsets in Oahu (Hawaii) and Santorini (Greece) were also amazing.
Teach, Learn, Share
Since I am a journalist, actor and an adverstising guy, I try to read about everything, experience diferente stuff, travel a lot everytime I can and enjoy talking to people from all over. I´m always open to learning and experimenting.
I promise we will have great talking, it that depends on me!
What I Can Share with Hosts
I can def say a lot about Rio de Janeiro, since I´ve been living here all my life. My hosts always seem very curious about the city.
I can also share my experiences travelling and knowing different people. That is always a great topíc of conversation.
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Austria, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican City State
Countries I’ve Lived In