- 67% response rate
- Last login about 3 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see EDWARD101277’s full profile. It’s free!
Hong Kong => Paris => London => Toronto => London => ????
I am from Hong Kong SAR, a former British colony. I originally moved to London with my parents when I was 10 but they have since moved back and I am with my sister in London. I studied Earth Sciences (in the main university in London)... which basically means I study the earth.
I use CS and I hitchhike mostly because I want to meet people and learn about their culture.
Basically, I love nature, meeting people, languages, life, earth, cultures, food, music.... I guess that is why I love Traveling
I hitchhiked from London to Hong Kong during the summer of 2013 and Couchsurfing saved my ass, so I owe a lot to this network!
SPEAKERS OF Spanish, French, Turkish, Hindi/Urdu, Mandarin and Russian are especially welcome as I speak these languages to some level and need to keep practising.
Hitchhiking and no hostels... not because I want to save money but because I want to meet PEOPLE.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I hope I can make some good friends while travelling. Spend some time with the locals and hopefully give them a few laughs! In return, I will give as much help as I can to those who cross my path even if my evil parents don't want me to host you.
1. Juergen Donko ; Linz,Austria2. Florian & Nico ; Graz,Austria3. Anja Rupret ; Ljubljana, Slovenia4. Esa Valonen ; Feldkirch, Austria5. Javier Arn ; Barcelona, Spain6. Luis Gra ; Sevilla, Spain7. Ashley & Sam ; Beijing, China8. Yasin Niyaz ; Urumqi, China9. George K. ; Almaty, Kazakhstan10.Abay A. ; Astana, Kazakhstan11.Zhaslan ; Petropavl, Kazakhstan12.Pierre C. ; Kazan, Russia13.Nikita S. ; Moscow, Russia14.Fedor ; Moscow, Russia15.Lena L. ; SBP, Russia16.M. Chris Mackin ; Tallinn, Estonia17.Artti S. ; Tallinn, Estonia18.Janis & Liela ; Riga, Latvia19.Johnny S. ; Ghent, Belgium20.Ghassab ; Wadi Moosa/Petra, Jordan21. Tal S. ; Jerusalem, Israel22. Betrand G. ; Gent, Belgium23.Ben Huke ; Barcelona, Spain24.Mike Ivanov ; Madrid, Spain25.Ciro Rendas ; GuangZhou, China26. L. Ghyselinck; Menen, Belgium27. Bertrand G.; Oordegem, Belgium (revisited)28. Juergen D. ; Linz, Austria (Revisited)29. J. Bustos ; Prague, Czech Rep.30. Matt ; Brno, Czech Rep.31. Monika & Michael; Katowice, Poland32. Ewa & Co. ; Warsaw, Poland33. Joris B. ; Krakow, Poland34. Michal; Rzesnow, Poland35. Anais B.; L'viv, Ukraine 36. L. Honesova; Prievidza, Slovakia 37. Janos G.; Budapest, Hungary 38. Anna Zihani; Budapest, Hungary 39. Petar P.; Zagreb, Croatia 40. Oliver D.; Sarajevo, BiH 41. Alex Z.; Belgrade, Serbia 42. Sam G. & David; Pristina,(Rep. of) Kosovo 43. Isidora S.; Trebinje, BiH 44. Florian F.; Bitola, FYROM 45. Anna A.; Istanbul, Turkey 46. Ali A; Istanbul, Turkey 47. Amylin L.; Istanbul, Turkey 48. Ismail Gok; Trabzon, Turkey 49. Oskar S.; Tbilisi, Georgia 50. Tomas & host family; Tkibuli, Georgia 51. Ali Hashemi; Tbilisi, Georgia 52. Daksh N.; Tbilisi, Georgia 53. Ronan & friends; Yerevan, Armenia 54. Kiyan L.; Shiraz, Iran 55. Albi; Shiraz, Iran 56. Balal M.; Yazd, Iran 57. Reza & BatMan; Esfahan, Iran 58. Moein; Urumia, Iran 59. Osman; Cizre, Turkey 60. Amer, King of Shadow; Erbil, Iraq 61. Ugi; Trebinje, BiH 62. David C.(revisited); Pristina, (Rep. of) Kosovo 63. Giorgos; Athens, Greece 64. Dab Samar; Manila, Philippines 65. Ou; ShenZhen, China 66. Maya & Nash; Nanning,China 67. Will Peck; Hanoi, Vietnam 68. Rich; HCMC, Vietnam 69. Mason T.; KL, Malaysia 70. Ieva; Vilnius, Lith. 71. Vadim & Tanya; Kaliningrad, Russia 72. Przemek; Gdansk, Poland 73. Lukasz; Warsaw, Poland 74. Przemek (revisited); Gdansk, Poland 75. Lukasz; Warsaw, Poland 76. Bogdan; Kiev, Ukraine 77. Arevik; Rostov, Russia 78. Sam; Cherkessk, Russia 79. Mustafa; Kars, Turkey 80. Nalbandyan family; Yerevan, Armenia 81. Tereza; Baku, Azerbaijan 82. Azer; Sheki, Azerbaijan 83. Eva; Aktau, Kazakhstan 84. Uki; Almaty, Kazakhstan 85. Rustam; Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan 86. Umar; Osh, Kyrgyztan 87. Ermek; Irkeshtam, Kyrgyztan 88. Khaliq; Islamabad, Pakistan 89. Abdullah; Karachi, Pakistan 90. Ania; Lyon, France 91. Mark; Pecs, Hungary 92. Lenka; Prague, Czech Republic 93. Adeline; Strasbourg, France 94. Ali; Rotterdam, Netherlands 95. Maxime; Moscow, Russia 96. Ieva & Janis; Brussels, Belgium 97. Ben Cameron; Lausanne, Switzerland 98. Nicky; Gibraltar 99. Zakaria; Kelaat M'Gouna 100. Bakkar; Laayoune, Western Sahara 101. Monika & pals; Casablanca, Morocco 102. Francois; Tunis, Tunisia 103. Fadi; Beirut, Lebanon
And the people I hosted (not many cos of parents):1. Julian S. ; in HK from Denmark2. Laura W. ; in HK from Germany3. Isabelle ? ; in Lndn from Canada4. Pirmo; in HK from Poland 5. Katarina; in HK from Serbia 6. Ciro; in HK from Portugal 7. Elmi & Emma; in HK from Germany THANKS TO PARENTS WHO HATE CS I COULD RARELY HOST I'M AFRAID; BUT I PROMISE TO RETURN THE KINDNESS PEOPLE GIVE TO ME WHEN I HAVE MY OWN PLACE FROM SEPTEMBER 2012
Football!!! (don't support Southampton FC)Travelling of course, and the stuff which goes with that....Adrenaline Sports
Climbing tall mountains
Photography (although I fail)
Cooking (and once again fail)
Gambling (Big Fail)
Meeting other cultures and trying to learn new languages
Hitchhiking Learning languages
And when I put a bit of effort:
Maths (but not imaginary numbers)
Import & Export
- rock climbing
- earth science
Music, Movies, and Books
I listen and enjoy all types of music (apart from death metal) including rap, pop, 80's, rock ...HERE are some top 5's to give you a rough idea...Top 5 artists: The Who, R.E.M, The Beatles, Bruce S., Killers... Top 5: Usual suspects, Gladiator, Inception, Shawshank, Die hard ...Books: I can't read....I also love music of foreign countries... please let me know your favorite bands from your country!
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
1. Petra and Jordan's biblical wonders
2. HHking and expriencing the hospitality of the Middle East
3. Pamplona's Bull running festival
4. Climbing Mount J. Toubkal in Morocco
5. Norwegian Fjords
6. Touring around Israel
7. Iceland natural wonders
8. Ifugao Rice Terraces in Philippines
9. Russian Trains along with Moscow & SPB.
10.Istanbul and other awesome places in Turkey
Top 10 favorite Dishes:
1. Adana Durum; Turkey
2. Lanzhou Noodles; Gansu
3. Vietnamese "Pho"; Vietnam
4. Shashlik; Xinjiang
5. Sushi (especially Ikura); Japan
6. Dim Sum; GuangDong
7. Indian curry; Wessex Tandoori, Winchester
8. Baclava; Gaziantep
9. Cevapi; BiH
10.In "N" out Burger; California
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Morocco, Norway, Poland, Russian Federation, San Marino, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United States, Vatican City State
Countries I’ve Lived In
China, United Kingdom