Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 3 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Elif Bike’s full profile. It’s free!
reach TV remote without having to stand up
Hey, I’m Elif. I’m a 24 year old fresh industrial engineer trying to adjust to not being a student anymore. I grew up in Izmir and came to Istanbul for university, then stayed here. I currently have a complicated love&have relationship with the city I live in.
Before I was 21, I never lived anywhere except for Turkey. My mind was blown when I moved to Canada for 6 months which is almost literally at the other side of the world. That’s when I realised the real world is nothing like the little world we live in in our own countries. I am incredibly curious about what you guys are doing in your countries ever since.
Couchsurfing is amazing because you can learn about this stuff from your home if you’re a host, and because you can sneak in like a local when you’re a surfer. Ever since I figured that out, I try to be active here.
I love people who
- have trouble shutting their mouth (i love to talk)
- are spontaneous
- like social interactions
- don’t like to frown (except for maybe when they’re hungry)
- can teach me something new
- believe experiencing new stuff is a vital need
Some facts about me:
-I become happy easily but also can just burst into tears by missing a bus or watching a dramatic movie.
-Still, I love the laughing part more, frankly.
-I don't know what to do with my life when one of my favorite tv-shows end.
-I love to make plans non-stop and then feel too lazy to do all of them.
-I am determined to get a tattoo for the past 7 years.
-I love pubs and adore flavoured beer. I'm not a huge fan of gin and similar drinks because I drank half of my father's liquor cabinet when I was left alone at home as a 13-year-old teenager. Now even thinking about it makes me sick. I thought I was being clever at the time.
-I am determined to make people love Istanbul. My surfers are not allowed to leave without doing so.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Surf, host, meet. I make use of all the possible aspects of CS.
Although I was pretty sure I would be murdered by a serial killer when I first joined CS, that never happened. No bad experience at all so far. Surfed in Chicago and Montreal. Met pretty awesome people in Toronto and Istanbul.
- i'm addicted to the city i live in but i get bored of it if i stay in it more than 3 months. so i love travelling.
- i tango whenever i can. i've been dancing for about 2 years.
- i am TERRIBLE at sports. i spent my whole life searching for an ability at any sport and finally tried snowboarding a couple of years ago. it's the one and only sport i love and can do.
- i love watching movies. one thing on my to-do-list is to become super rich and have a movie theatre in my house.
- i'm also a huge theatre fan. i used to be only at the audience part of the theatre shows but i recently joined an improvised acting group called "The Clap". most of the people in the group are American and the show is in English, so if we have a show while I host you, you're welcome to come and watch.
- pub crawls
Music, Movies, and Books
some of my favourites are: american history x, persepolis, across the universe, guardians of the galaxy, shawshank redemption, 21, cloud atlas, v for vendetta, the shining, inception, sherlock holmes, leon, chicago. i'm also slightly addicted to tv-shows like battlestar galactica, big bang theory, game of thrones, friends, shameless, csi.
music: i listen to most kinds of music. i usually find a favourite song and then listen it 36452347 times until i'm sick of it. that's why my favourite singers usually change from time to time. some of my favourites are: queen, muse, blink182, athena, beatles, lana del ray, fun!. I also want to add soundcloud as an artist in the name of all the awesome artists in its playlists whose names I don't have a clue about.
books: ones that would be better than their movies if it were ever shot.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
this is a horrible horrible question:(
Teach, Learn, Share
I can answer all your questions about Turkish culture, even the most inappropriate ones (which are more fun to answer). I can teach you how to make some Turkish dishes. I will take you out to places in the city which will make you experience it to the fullest.
I will also have questions in return and I would love it if you could teach me how to prepare a local dish or a new cocktail.
Countries I’ve Visited
Bulgaria, Canada, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In