Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 1 month ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Farhan’s full profile. It’s free!
Learn how to turn small business into big business.
Here's my quick snapshot:
- I'm Canadian-born and spent most of my time in Boston. I laugh often and am always carrying a smile.
- My friends consider me a laid-back happy-go-lucky friendly guy.
- I used to work as a CPA at Ernst & Young but now I run two businesses mostly out of Boston with some work in Toronto. The first is a shared coworking space for startups and small businesses called Coalition. The second is a furnished property management firm with a portfolio in Boston and Toronto.
- I LOVE active stuff. After writing this I'm heading to muay thai kickboxing class. On Sundays I play flag football. The only time I ever drop anything I'm doing is when someone invites me to play sand/beach volleyball. I'll be there!
- I'm a traveler by heart. My life changed after taking a 6-month backpacking trip through SE Asia and Japan. I returned to start my first business, then spent 4 months exploring Latin America, and came back to start my 2nd business.
Salt sweetens sugar. Appreciate the ups by also living through the downs, taking them as learning experiences along the way.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Generally love meeting locals as opposed to seeking couches, but occasionally seek a couch when it seems appropriate.
First experience was a blast due to the hospitality of Marisa and her friends in Bali Indonesia!
I continued as a guest in SE Asia (mostly meetups as opposed to couches), then became a host for a bit in Boston at my home, and now back as a guest as I am traveling more.
Business ventures involving flexible lifestyle (read the book "4 Hour Work Week") though I understand it is very cliche.
I want to find time to learn horseback riding!
Music, Movies, and Books
Pandora stations: DaftPunk, Electronica, Hiphop/rap, Funk.
The 4-Hour Work Week
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I took 3 months off of a corporate job to do things most dear to me - taking care of family, pursuing business/personal development opportunities, and traveling the world.
I crossed over Europe and Asia 4 times in one day by boat. It was easy to do since Istanbul (Turkey) is split between the two continents!
I took 4 road trips up and down the California coast - saw San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Big Sur (most beautiful coast ever), etc. Almost died when my car slid off the coast.
Teach, Learn, Share
I'm happy to teach you:
- A hiphop dance move!
- Some things about Boston
I'd love to learn:
- How to ride a horse, a motorbike, and a tuk-tuk.
I'm happy to share:
- Whatever items I have on me...food, clothes, etc.
- My contacts in the business/startup world
What I Can Share with Hosts
Food, travels stories, connections or introductions to people in Boston / Toronto, and the countries I've traveled in.
Lots of smiles and laughter. :)
Countries I’ve Visited
Bahrain, Cambodia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Egypt, England, Guatemala, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Mexico, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Panama, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates
Countries I’ve Lived In
Canada, Pakistan, United States