Maybe Accepting Guests
- Last login 7 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Fernando+Amir’s full profile. It’s free!
We will be backpacking in Central America from February to April 2014
Fernando: I'm Spanish from Coruña. I grew up in Geneva, Switzerland, and lived there until i turned 18, returning to Spain for a decade, before coming to Lisbon, Portugal 10 years ago.
Amir: I'm half Greek half Malaysian and have been living in Lisbon for almost 4 years. Before that I was living in Oman, and have also lived in Greece, Hong Kong, Malaysia and Australia.
We both resigned from our 9-5 office jobs and look forward to starting a new life. But first, time for a little break to clear our minds and see another part of the world that we have never set foot on.
Time is precious. Can never get it back so got to enjoy it while it's passing!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
We are known to give great hugs, and instead of making it a successful business we offer this service free to anyone who will host us :)
Zero, unfortunately. Though we created this account some time back, we never really had the chance to use it. But it's about time we tried it out, and we look forward to it (should we be lucky enough to have someone host us!)
- to be spontaneous in our travel routes without too much planning and like a little adventure, though we are not the most athletic people!
- FOOD. We both enjoy cooking as much as eating and are keen on experimenting new tastes.
- Nature - wildlife spotting and birdwatching. Waterfalls. Greenery and deserts.
- to learn about ancient cultures and history, as well as getting to know the current cultural scene of the place we're visiting
- to make new friends, and attempt to learn a few more languages (we know 6 between the two of us)
- music, nights out and cinema.
Music, Movies, and Books
Big movie fans. But we can't manage to name our favorite films or directors. We like classics, Independent films, foreign films and a Hollywood blockbuster once in a while. We enjoy electronic music, alternative rock, world music.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Sunrise over Palmyra, Syria. Sunset in Capadoccia, Turkey. Snorkeling in Koh Lipe, Thailand. Sand dunes in Oman. A cat flushing the toilet.
Teach, Learn, Share
Through conversation we all teach, learn and share from each other. Aww...
Countries I’ve Visited
Costa Rica, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nicaragua, Panama, Turkey
Countries I’ve Lived In
Portugal, Spain, Switzerland