Wants to Meet Up
- Last login over 2 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Francisco’s full profile. It’s free!
Born and raised in Miami, Florida. Currently traveling across California to look for opportunity and a better life.
You know, people might think I’m crazy for wanting to leave Miami. I mean sure, it’s quite the party city! Nothing but beautiful beaches with white sands and pristine blue oceans, hot, sexy girls with barely anything on walking around with godlike confidence, and lively nightclubs that seemed to be bursting with energy and excitement! Sure, that’s Miami, take it from me, I lived there my whole life.
But as I always told the people I served at my old job, “Miami is a great city for a vacation, in fact it may be one of the best places to go! But to actually live in? Not so much.”
At the end of it all, it was really just me, but I grew to really dislike the place. Expensive, traffic-stricken, and worst of all, crowded with people who were mostly disconnected and self-absorbed. And as for all those clubs and, in general, the nightlife, it just wasn’t for me. I guess I was more into dive bars and music venues, which there was only ONE good venue in Miami, the British-themed Churchill’s Pub. And at the time, that was that. I simply accepted that this was the city I was born in, it would be the city I was gonna live in, and the misery I was feeling was simply my stubbornness in refusing to “suck it up”….that is until I decided to take the plunge. I quit my job, and I went off on a road trip across the States; determined to leave my old life behind, and to embrace the hope that a better life was simply around the corner within grasp, all I needed to do was to reach out and grab it.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like I’ve become the American connoisseur that knows anything and everything about the United States, but I will say that my eyes were opened just a little bit wider, and my mind was slightly blown. So far these have been my stops:
- Orlando, Florida (1 night)
- Atlanta, Georgia (2 nights)
- Charlotte, North Carolina (4 nights)
- Asheville, North Carolina (1 night)
- Nashville, Tennessee (1 night)
- New Orleans, Louisiana (3 nights)
- San Antonio, Texas (1 week)
- El Paso, Texas (2 nights)
- Albuquerque, New Mexico (2 nights)
- Colorado Springs, Colorado (half a day)
- Denver, Colorado (1 night)
- Boulder, Colorado (half a day)
- The Grand Canyon (half a day)
- Las Vegas, Nevada (4 nights)
- Los Gatos, California (2 weeks)
- San Francisco, California (2 weeks)
- Los Angeles, California (1 month!)
- Mission Viejo, California (1 week)
- San Diego, California (2 weeks)
I started seeing a completely new attitude among people, new perspectives, new values, new opinions, and just a new way of life. In Miami, people mostly mind their own business and never really interact with one another unless it was with a friend or a family member. But in other cities, I began to come across complete strangers who would smile at me, say hello to me, offer help to me when they felt I was lost or in trouble, and would even start full blown conversations with me out of the blue! I especially came across this when I made my stops in Colorado, a state in which I have nothing but good things to say about! I must say, as a Miamian, this was completely new and foreign to me; unless you were some hot, supermodel looking individual, this simply would not happen.
So why California? I mean, from what I heard it too is also expensive and traffic-stricken. But what I’m interested in is the people, people who have taste and variety when it comes to liquor, music, movies, and the arts. Miami is a party city, which can be cool, but that’s all it is. Sure there was an art district, but it served mostly a niche of people. From what I’ve read and heard, it’s not simply a niche in California, it’s a place bursting with ideas, creativity, and art. That’s California baby, and I want to see it for myself! I want to see if the legends are true! I want to experience it, and if possible, I want to be a part of it! But I would like your help.
I find myself constantly dreaming of being a part of a group of individuals who are in the midst of creating something; be it a movie, a comic book, an app, a computer program, or simply a business. I’m not exactly sure what I would like to do or what I could contribute to such a thing, but I’m hoping this journey could lead me into figuring it all out! And California seems like the perfect place to explore, for it is jammed packed with individuals who are doing all of these things!
And so, that’s me in a nutshell. At least at this very moment, who knows what tomorrow would bring!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
California seems to be a great place to settle down, but I'm gonna need some locals to show me around so I know first-hand what it truly feels like to be a local of a Californian city. It seemed like a no brainer to me to join Couchsurfing!
It would be hard to go through these new cities by myself, and worst of all it could be downright depressing doing it alone. I wish to do this exploring with other locals, people who could point me to the right direction, who could help me in the establishment of connections, and who could introduce me to the social circles that I may be interested in!
- Philosophy, specifically anything relating to epistemology, ethics, and linguistics.
- Animation and art, whether it be paintings, tattoos, graphic design, animated films, comic books or Japanese anime.
- Music! Specifically rock, metal, industrial, punk, hip-hop, and everything in between! Actually, listening and appreciating music is one of my passions. I agree wholeheartedly with the Nietzschean saying, "Without music, life would be a mistake!"
- Reading and writing
- Video games, though I must confess I'm cutting down on them. They have done enough damage and soul sucking to my life already!
- graphic design
- pub crawls
- video games
Music, Movies, and Books
- Alice in Chains
- Black Sabbath
- Sleep (Black Sabbath 2.0)
- Electric Wizard (Black Sabbath 3.0)
- The Beatles
- Death Grips (Experimental psychedelic hip-hop from Sacramento, crazy shit!)
- Depeche Mode
- Draco Rosa
- Marina and the Diamonds
- Wu-Tang Clan (ain't nothin' to fuck with!)
- Pink Floyd
- HEAVY METAL!!!!!
- Destroyer 666 (Unchain the wolves, unchain the wolves, unchain the wolves!)
- Marilyn Manson
- The Sisters of Mercy (some would say the "Godfathers of Gothic Rock")
- Fields of the Nephilim
- The dø (French pop duo, check 'em out!)
- Sex Pistols
- Urfaust (Weird drunken atmospheric metal band from the Netherlands)
- Nine Inch Nails
- Kendrick Lamar
- Dr. Dre
- The Mars Volta (What a band on cocaine and acid would sound like...)
- Chelsea Wolfe
- Eminem (First three albums only)
- Skinny Puppy
- BLACK METAL!!!!!
- Manowar (Four Kings of Metal, Four Metal Kings!)
- Ningen-Isu (the Japanese answer to Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin)
- DOOM METAL!!!!!
- Mgla (Pronounced mm-gwah, which is apparently Polish for fog)
- The Misfits
- Incubus (Morning View is one magical album!)
- Behemoth (Apo! Pantos! Kako! Daimonos!)
AND MANY MORE!
- Breaking Bad (Say my name...)
- Star Wars
- Pusher (Original Danish version)
- Old Boy (Original Korean version)
- The Prince of Egypt (DELIVER US!)
- Dragon Ball series
- Coen Brothers flicks
- Cowboy Bebop (The Real Folk Blues...)
- Naruto (early series mostly...)
- Vampire Hunter D (Both films)
- Shawshank Redemption
- The Thing (Original 1982 version)
- Martin Scorsese flicks
- Back to the Future (First two only)
- Apocalypse Now (The...horror...)
- Mad Max
- Quentin Tarantino flicks
- Some Ask Viewniverse films (namely Clerks, Chasing Amy, and Dogma)
- The Green Mile
- David Fincher flicks
AND MANY MORE!
Books/Comic Books/Graphic Novels:
- Slaughterhouse Five
- Vampire Hunter D book series
- HP Lovecraft stories
- Blood Meridian
- Pet Sematary
- Neil Gaiman's The Sandman
- Sin City
- Harry Potter series
- A Song of Ice and Fire series
- Chuck Palahniuk books
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
What I just did recently, which is quit my job and got off on a road trip to search for a better life!
What I Can Share with Hosts
My love for movies and music! I can also guarantee great conversations, especially if they're related to music, movies, politics, religion, or philosophy! Oh, and stories of my travels!
I guarantee gratitude and laughter to any and all hosts!
Countries I’ve Visited
Brazil, England, France, Italy, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Spain
Countries I’ve Lived In