Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 1 month ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Thomas’s full profile. It’s free!
Usually I am a rather quiet guy, who loves to have a good chat and good food, but I am still open to any good party going on. My references will give you a rough idea...
If you want to get into contact with me, you can use my mobile number: +49 176 40111371, but please keep in mind that I'm accepting couch requests only via CS-Message (I'd like to see at least the profile first before I agree to host someone)
And for the Bremen town musicians: http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=jIlx8Sjzwfg
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I used to organize meetings here in Bremen and in fact have brought the CS community here to life. I used to be a country amb for Germany for a while, but stopped that in 2011 because of time constraints.
At the moment I'm starting to get back to the CS community by hosting and surfing again.
Interested in anything interesting ;)
Some of my more special fields of interest are modern literature, modern art, playing backgammon, history, religion and making music (I love to sing and sometimes I play the saxophone), and of course eating and cooking delicious food. My kitchen is the place I spend most of my time in.
Music, Movies, and Books
* All the stuff made by Kieslowsky, Lynch or Kubrick - they are true masters.
* Even some of the Wim Wenders films are enjoyable
* Haruki Murakami: Norwegian Wood
* Nick Hornby: How to be good
* Cornelia Funke: The Tintenherz-stories
* the comics made by Art Spiegelmann and Joe Sacco
* and all that stuff by Jonathan Franzen, Paul Auster, Douglas Coupland, Peter Stamm
* Minor Majority
* The Notwist
* Charlie Parker
* and everything else which is really original
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Amazing stuff: The wide plains in Lapponia, participating in international workcamps,
Teach, Learn, Share
I guess I can teach some basics about playing backgammon, and also a (little) bit about saxophones and jazz improvisation.
Countries I’ve Visited
France, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Namibia, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Tunisia
Countries I’ve Lived In
Germany, United Kingdom