Not Accepting Guests
- Last login over 1 year ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Kurt’s full profile. It’s free!
Explore New Zealand
looking to do some traveling before I move
all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Stayed at Tally's place in Palmerston North, NZ for 2 nights. Also went to an Auckland concert/party/CS-meet during my NZ trip 2006.
snow skiing, backpacking, piano, music, philosophy, sustainability
Music, Movies, and Books
music: pink floyd, phish, dave matthews, ben folds, STP, godspeed you! black emperor, gershwin, schumann
books: atlas shrugged, true to our roots, dalai lama, a short history of nearly everything
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Yellowstone was amazingly beautiful. I recommend everyone to go see it.
Teach, Learn, Share
MY NEW ZEALAND TIPS:
1) PHONE: Get an unlocked cell phone before coming to NZ. Buy a vodafone SIM card, and maybe a cheap long distance phone card for calling home.
2) TRANSPORT: Buy a car in the South Island. Get a Intercity Bus Flexipass for the North.
3) MONEY: You'll get a better exchange rate if you: Bring Traveller's checks in your own currency (if one of the top 10 in the world); Only exchange money in banks; shop around in the big cities.
4) TREKING: Use treking poles if you do the Tongariro Northern Circuit. Plan on ~2.5 liters of water per day. Take full advantage of the NZ hut system; Almost no need for a tent, stove, water filter.
Countries I’ve Visited
Countries I’ve Lived In