Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 2 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Grant’s full profile. It’s free!
Choosing between going back to Taiwan for a sixth year of teaching English, helping make Bernie Sanders the next president, or going to work and travel around New Zealand?
I want to change the world.
"My country is the world and my religion is to do good." -Thomas Paine
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Successfully completed the cross-country journey. Thanks to all of our amazing hosts who made it happen, especially our first few hosts who accepted us despite our lack of references: Peter and Cathy Dyck in Carlsbad, New Mexico; Chris Prentice in Moab, Utah; and Zach and Carrie in Williams, AZ. We drove almost 20,000 miles in 88 days, visited the lower 48 and met dozens of great people.
I'm back in Taiwan now saving up for another great adventure.
***Only personalized requests will be accepted.***
I created a google doc of stuff to do mostly in and around Taipei. It will get updated periodically. I'm not so technologically savvy so tell me if the link doesn't work: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NDJLP6KrEi3QauSmdRdG_fPFhN6kgxxil11ZZnUa0vc/edit
1. Peter and Cathy Dyck in Carlsbad, New Mexico
2. Chris Prentice in Moab, Utah
3. Zach and Carrie in Williams, AZ
4. Greg Yan in Long Beach, California
5. James Sullivan in San Luis Obispo, CA
6. Alan and Lissette in San Francisco, CA
7. Laura in Coos Bay, OR
8. Stephen Pavletich in Aberdeen, WA
9. Ryan and Agnes in Coeur D’Alene, ID
10. Michael Blazicevich in Bozeman, MT
11. Joey and Weegie Sheely in Dayton, WY
12. Eric Smallwood in Dickinson, ND
13. Casey Pirsig in Rapids City, SD
14. Kari and Drew in Alliance, NE
15. Daniel and Amanda in Oklahoma City, OK
16. Kim Evans in Savannah, GA
17. David Sapp in Charleston, SC
18. John Cleaver in Nags Head, NC
19. Ben and Annie in Richmond, VA
20. Nick Ciervo in Washington, D.C.
21. Ben in Washington D.C.
22. Laurie in Annapolis, MD
23. Steve and Simona in Dover, DE
24. Kai in Philladelphia, PA
25. Bjorn Cooley in New Haven, CT
26. Mike and Amy Amidei in Providence, RI
27. Asa and Jamie in Boston, MA
28. Valentin Splett in Boston, MA
29. Seren Huus in Portlane, ME
30. Ryan Smith in Portsmouth, NH
31. Maggie McDonald in Brattlesboro, VT
32. Joey Bruni in Toronto, ON
33. Charlie and Alice Butts in Cleveland, OH
34. Sid in Detroit, MI
35. Yen-chun Lee in South Bend, IN
36. William Watkins in Chicago, IL
37. Jason McDowell in Milwaukee, WI
38. Ivy and Ryan Flanders in Minneapolis, MN
39. Cat in Cedar Rapids, IO
40. Laurie-Lou in St. Louis, MO
41. Keithley Lake in St. Louis, MO
42. Rebecca Katz in Bowling Green, KY
43. Jared Godar in Nashville, TN
44. Jake Coffey in Little Rock, AR
45. Erin Dees in Indianola, MS
46. Louis Cripino in New Orleans, LA
47. Meagan Newsome in Mobile, AL
I enjoy watching and playing sports. Watching: baseball, basketball, soccer. Playing: basketball, kayaking, tennis, golf, and running. I also love hiking/trail running, I want to be the first person to climb all of Taiwan's 白岳 and Colorado's 14ers. Maybe it's been done already, but I doubt it. I wanna start a blog called topsoftheworld.com, but it cost like $1000 to register the domain. RIVER TRACING!!
- trail running
Music, Movies, and Books
Movies: Guardians of the Galaxy, Mad Max 2-4, Coen brothers, Dark Knight, LOTR, Citizen Kane, Aviator, Seven Samurai, Pushing Hands.......
Books: Shantaram; Guns, Germs, and Steel; Devil in the White City, Ender's Game; Count of Monte Cristo; God Delusion; A Short History of Nearly Everything; The Fault in Our Stars; Behind the Beautiful Forevers; The Stand; Into Thin Air; Life of Pi; The Jungle; Galapagos......
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Survived tandem skydiving with a 5'5'' (I'm 6'3'') hungover/drunk British guy named Pip.
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach you some intermediate Mandarin and expert level English and some beginner level Spanish. I love learning languages. I'd love to share some beers with you and discuss politics or something other than politics if you'd rather not.
Countries I’ve Visited
Canada, China, France, Greece, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Singapore, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand
Countries I’ve Lived In
Italy, Taiwan, United States