- 92% response rate
- Last login about 9 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Nazeem’s full profile. It’s free!
* To make as many friends from all over the world as possible
* To save the animals :)
* To perfect time travel :)
I'm an absolute Fitness Enthusiast, love the outdoors, nature and meeting people from all over the world. Professionally, I'm qualified as:
1) Personal Fitness Trainer
2) Sports + Deep Tissue Massage Therapist
3) B.Sc Computer Science (eCommerce + Marketing)
However, I have since left Dubai in 2009 where I worked with Fitness First (Media City) as a Fitness Professional, and am now working as Business Development Manager at a prestigious, international eCommerce company.
As a born and bred resident from Cape Town, I am very friendly and always enjoy making new friends. I live in the heart of Claremont - near Cavendish Square, which is a very upmarket location and extremely safe!!!
I'm an athlete by heart and fitness is my life. I train seven days a week at the gym (4 days weight training and 3 days high intensity cardio). I don't smoke and don't drink and only eat free range and organic food.
Honour your parents, surround yourself with kind and positive people, be humble, always learn something new, be nice to animals, help others wherever you can, trust in God and support The Springboks!!!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
To date I have successfully hosted a few people from all over the globe, from Germany, USA, Russia, France, Brazil, South Korea, and the Netherlands. I have never been a CS guest to anyone. I've only ever hosted.
I also host weekly couch surfing meet-ups on Wednesday nights at Food Lover's Market in Claremont (opposite Cavendish Square) at 8pm
I've only ever had positive experiences with all my CS guests. I've never had a problem with anyone. This site is awesome if you enjoy making new friends and extending your hospitality to others.
* Meeting new people
* Traveling the world
* Fitness and Sports Conditioning
* Any international Rugby Test Match with The Springboks
* Motivational Seminars
* Creative Writing
* Conspiracy Theories that are backed by substantiated evidence
* Fight Science
Music, Movies, and Books
"You have cat to be kitten me!!!"
- The Amazing Adventures of Business Cat
"It ain't over 'till it's over"
- Rocky Balboa
"This town ain't big enough for the both of us..."
- some western movie..
* The Greatness Guide - Robin Sharma*
* The Monk Who Sold His Ferrarri - Robin Sharma
* The Dream is Everything - Peter Cox
* Skill with People - Les Giblin
* Art of The Deal - Donald Trump
* Rich Dad, Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosaki
* Cash Flow Quadrant - Robert Kiyosaki
* Ripped Dad, Fat Dad - Nazeem Dollie (Yes, my own!!!)
* The Hunger Games (that Catness chic)
* The Bourne Identity (plus both sequels) - Matt Damon
* The Hobbit
* The Lord of The Rings
* Rocky Balboa - Sylvestor Stallone|
* The Last Samurai - Tom Cruise
* Bloodsport - Jean Claude van Damme
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
There's a few actually..
1) Both my trips to Russia (St Petersburg) in Oct 2012 and also again in July/Aug 2014, and hopefully again in June 2015
2) As a Springbok supporter (for those that do not know, the "Springboks" is the name for the South African National Rugby Squad), I would have to say that one of the proudest moments of my life was being present at the live stadium match at Newlands Stadium (in Cape Town) in 2012 during the IRB Junior Rugby World Cup Final Match, in which South African Springboks faced off against the New Zealand All Blacks.
To give you some perspective, over a period of 100 years (yes, over a century), the All Blacks have dominated international rugby union and beat every single nation at least 75% of the time for international test matches. This was only the third time that South Africa faced off against this great rival in a World Cup match. We defeated the All Blacks with a final score of 22-16. It was extremely intense and I was jumping off my feet each time South Africa scored points against New Zealand - most especially during the drop kick mid-game that reminded me of the legendary drop-kick by Joel Stransky that won us the 1995 IRB Rugby World Cup against New Zealand in 1995.
Of course, I would not be proudly South African if I did not mention the epic 1995 IRB Rugby World Cup Final during which South Africa defeated New Zealand in extra time with a final score of 15-12. That was the first time we won the World Cup, and we were also the host nation!
2) Bahamas and Caribbean Islands
I'd say the another amazing thing that I've done was probably to have gone to the Bahamas, Caribbean, Miami, Puerto Rico, Mexico and the Cayman islands. I've also lived and worked in England and Dubai where I worked as a Personal Trainer.
3) The Russian Girl experience...
Okay this is the single most classic CS experience I ever had!!! A girl visiting from the former Soviet Union sent me a CS mail to ask if I'd meet her for coffee in Cape Town as she didn't know the place. I agreed and she was very happy to meet me and hugged me very tightly the very moment that we met.
She gave me very flirty compliments, saying "You look AMAZING!!! Do you work out or something?". We then chit chatted about this and that, and somewhere along the line she asked me about my beliefs & religion. When she realized I was Muslim, she immediately stopped and told me that she's sorry - that she doesn't think a relationship between us could work because she's Orthodox Christian and she can't see herself married to a Muslim guy.
I was completely stunned in the moment as I was under the impression that she just wanted to meet a local CS host and tell her a bit about Cape Town and show her the place. Then immediately she continued saying, "Look! I'm not getting any younger and in my country at my age, society expects you to find a husband!"
When I looked at her surprised with eyes wide shut, she looked at me, asking, "What? Oh, don't give me that whole 'Couch Surfing is NOT a dating site look! We all do it! EVERYBODY does it! Just so you know, Couch Surfing is not a dating site. It is THE dating site!!!
"What do you think it means when people say in their profile that they're 'open-minded'??? There's nothing wrong if two people love each other as a result of a CS meet-up."
She then packed her bags and left. |As surprised as I was, I found it quite funny and entertaining as well. She was very beautiful though. I'll give her that and in a way she really made my day. She mailed me some weeks later though to say that she eventually met someone in Cape Town but that it didn't work coz she had to return back to her country.
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach you how to do a one arm push-up with perfect form :) Then when you get it right, practice until you can do twelve!
Then I can also teach you how to follow a proper, healthy, eating plan and how to stack performance enhancing supplements to get the best effect from your workout :D
What I Can Share with Hosts
An awesome experience in Cape Town by showing you the natural beauty of our city, which includes:
1. Boulder's Beach where you can swim with the penguins
2. A trip to Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
3. Hike up Lion's Head and/or Table Mountain
4. Cape Point (known as the south most westerly point of the African continent)
5. Half Price Sushi at Food Lover's Market :)
6. Night Market on Wednesday nights where you can have awesome food!!
7. One free complimentary session at Virgin Active gym (fitness centre)
8. Awesome company :)
Countries I’ve Visited
England, Russian Federation, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
South Africa, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States