- 13% response rate
- Last login about 14 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Hieu’s full profile.
If you come as a family with kids, please try to contact me ASAP ok, it could be via my Facebook fanpage www.facebook.com/hieumikecs cause I use it oftenly than here or my phone number you can find in this profile. I will be very disappointed if I could not host your family or show you Hanoi.
If you allow, I will take my kids to travel with your family some part of your trip, I would love to introduce you Vietnam and also learn from your family, to prepare for my family's trips in the future
Hi my friend :-)
I'm Hieu Mike, official ambassador of CouchSurfing Hanoi and CouchSurfing Vietnam. I'm an entrepreneur, small individual investor, Forex & stocks trader
I'm friendly and open-minded, my place has welcomed many travellers not only Couchsurfing but also other welcomed, opened, shared sites such as Bewelcome, Warmshower, Hospitality club.. for me they have same spirit to "Share your life" so I live for that.
After several years be a host, host events, ambassador and also father of 2 boys born in 3/2014 and 5/2017 in Hanoi, now my dream is bring my kids to travel, to surf around the world like you and also making video blogs for Vietnamese people audiences to encourage them
In the past, I used to lived in Prague, the Czech Republic for 10 years, base IT and business. I worked for Vietnamese community there in business. In Oct 2011 I came back to Vietnam and live here in my hometown Hanoi from then and expanding our CS Hanoi community.
I live with the phylosophy "YOU WERE BORN ONLY ONCE, YOUR HOME IS THIS BIG WORLD NOT ONLY WHAT YOU SEE AROUND YOU"
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Firstly I didn't know about CS, I often hosted my Vietnamese friends and their friends. I became a travel point in Prague for Vietnamese students who study abroad. I also traveled but I usually stayed in my Vietnamese friends place or hostel
In 2010 one of my Vietnamese friend told me about CS, I just registered this account
Until July 2011 I decided take my summer vacation by going nowhere, just stay at home and start hosting people and in 1 month I have many people from all over the world. It's nice to make friends, share knowledge and funny stories. It really is a most exiciting summer I ever had in my life
In September 2011, I came back to Hanoi, Vietnam. And the first time I joined into the Couchsurfing weekly meeting, I was impressed and admire what previous ambassadors did, at least we had a weekly meeting. BUT at that time, many CSers wrote that they disappointed to find host and also they think that because all VNmese people not friendly, only try to overcharge them like what they had on the street. So I was angry and decide to become an active developer for our CS community here.
At that time I was thinking that I'm just a normal Vnmese guy come back, wanna did something good for our nation. So I try to expand CS community here, let many people will understand the CS spirits, and especially for young generations, our country future. What I want is to tell them that, if you wanna go out and see the world, improve your own life, develop Vietnam, you have to change yourself first. And what I do is explain for them to know more about CS spirits and the chances to host and understand people everywhere.
First I created FB group which is more than 1000 people joined, have flags, t-shirts and meaningful events.
Now we have expanding our community, from only 1 weekly meeting now we have almost 4 5 weekly officially events.
In my 31st birthday 12 Mar 2015, I bought domain csvietnam.org and starting a new project Couchsurfing Vietnam on Facebook. Why ? because in VN, we use Facebook popular. That's the best way I think to get people know about Couchsurfing
Now I have to litte boys and I wanna let them go around the world, to explore the CouchSurfing spirit and who knows, may be they are next ambassador generations
+ Promoting Couchsurfing
+ Business opportunities
+ Forex & stocks trading
+ Travel and helping tourists
+ Open tour company
+ Cuisine and cooking
+ Rasing kids
- interior design
- study abroad
Music, Movies, and Books
Vietnamese Trinh's music, Yanni, classics, new dance song, DJ music, sad romantic ballad music, rock ballad, chinese musics, some ballad korean soundtracks like 클
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- First I hosted then joined CS is when I was in Prague, the Czech Republic. We have there a the Vietnamese market named Sapa which like a small Vietnam town. So people very happy when they saw me because they know the market existed but no CSer who is Vietnamese to guide them there. So I held the event for CS Prague to go there and discover Asian town inside European capital city. And also except their weekly meeting with beer only in Thursday, they decided to hold another meeting with foods in Vietnamese restaurant there, of course I arranged for them with bonus free karaoke
- When I came back to Hanoi, I found many posts, articles from tourists talk about some negatives of Hanoi so I decided to take part in ask active developer for CS Hanoi which hope to change somehow the thinking of people by connecting the locals with travellers help them understand each others, also encourage young generation go out and see the world, become worldwide citizens.
I wrote down all what i feel and think about the CS in Vietnamese, to be a very first guidelines Vnmese newbies have to know. So now many locals here know about CS. It's still hard for them to host you, but we will improve this
So I created CS Hanoi group on Facebook, reasons because in Vietnam we use Facebook
- Create an event and invite Huyen Chip www.couchsurfing.org/chipro the first youngest hitchhiking Vietnamese girl go alone around the world, join and sharing experiences with others people who are huge fan of her. I hope we could encourage our new young generation will learn from her by going out and understand the world. We did a talkshow for them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md0n0fh5Kjg
- After the group reached more than 1000 people, it means many ppl post there, it go top up and you never see what you had posted. So I decided to create a page https://www.facebook.com/cshanoi and bought for it domains www.cshanoi.org (.com also)
following the new logo and concept, we designed also our logo, small but large support for our CS global.
- One year from our restart, we now have many weekly events and many specific groups. We were on TV severals times, VTV4 - the government's TV channel for Vietnamese overseas and abroaders http://y2u.be/kd0tpjGUJFA
- My pleasure also my lucky for met and hosting amazing who really impress me
We did organize a small sharing event with them http://y2u.be/wsX0MCzq2vE
+ Derek (cycling around the world with cancers)
I find it very touching so I decided to promote him successfully to our media in whole Vietnam. Start with a small sharing event then on Talk Vietnam, the most famous program on VTV4 http://y2u.be/ADpjDhbLqGw and in the end we grow a donation for him across Vietnam over 1000$. Check his thankful message http://www.dereksbiketrip.com/thu-ngo-gui-viet-nam/
and a lot of amazing people too, I admire what they did cause nobody could do so. And you too right :)
I'd love to host if you could do something amazing, such as go around for 2 years or more. This is the chance I wanna take to understand the world
- 25th Oct 2013, after 2,5 years for what I had done , I've been recognized as offical ambassador of Hanoi, Vietnam with mr. Thang Koli. That's a small gift for me, but still many works to do. Thank you very much for what you have support and believe in me.
Mike, stay hungry, stay foolish !
- On my way to improve my CS life, on January 2014, I created a Couchsurfing South East Asia Active Members on Facebook group. It' a secret group so you couldn't find it :D but it contacts and keep in touch all the active members in CS SEA, especially Indonesia, due to the biggest population, they are the most in the list. With this, I wanna connect all the CS community in SEA, help each other and exchange experiences. I hope our SEA CS community will get bigger and bigger
- Now my aim is creating CouchSurfing communities for each cities over Vietnam, we have about 64 cities then of course Couchsurfing Vietnam. I was impress by the Indonesian community. On my 31st birthday I bought domain csvietnam.org and starting a new project Couchsurfing Vietnam on Facebook
- Hosting family with lovely kids, that make me totally understand the meanings of CouchSurfing spirit
Teach, Learn, Share
- I want my kids to be multilingual, speak many languages, teach them if you can
- Sharing stories, experiences around the world
- Collaborate on business ideas especially in travelling
- Trading Forex and sotkcs experiences
- Making travelling clips
- An exciting thing about the differences in culture for you to know about Hanoi, Vietnam http://goo.gl/Ro7kfK
- Also this is from Joe Rulle https://www.facebook.com/mrdautay the Canadian guy live in Hanoi for a while and he did exciting things also speaking Vietnamese pefectly, understand about Vietnam in a point of view of travellers. Check this out http://y2u.be/rY09TdPIVJA choose English subtitle in button CC
- Somethings else :
I required surfer to read my whole profile to understand about me, please put the hashtag #iknowmike in the request you send me
What I Can Share with Hosts
Sharing experiences in everything of life. Especially in term how to lead, organize Couchsurfing community.
In reverse, for sure 100% i will host my hosts also their friends when they come to Hanoi, Vietnam. Just say to me, hey this is A friend of me B, who hosted you in C
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Cambodia, China, Egypt, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Laos, Malaysia, Netherlands, Poland, Slovakia, Switzerland, Thailand, Vatican City State
Countries I’ve Lived In
Czech Republic, Viet Nam