Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 15 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Holger’s full profile. It’s free!
Independent, easy-going German-born Australian now living Berlin for some of the year and traveling the world otherwise.
My work involves producing travel-focused images and video. This gives me the freedom to spend my time doing projects that I enjoy, traveling frequently and avoiding the regular daily grind.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Mainly by meeting socially people at the moment.
At times that I have a place to live with spare space I also host, but currently that's not the case!
Travel, Travel writing, Photography, Swimming, Surfing (the non-couch variety), Surf lifesaving, learning languages, left-leaning politics.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I've been lucky enough to see more than my fair share of amazing places and had more than my fair share of memorable moments... here's some of my highlights:
- Sunrise over Gunung Bromo volcano in Indonesia
- Sunset at Angkor Wat in Cambodia
- Staying at a hostel with a guard who was armed with a spear in Amritsar, India
- Getting up early and witnessing the Pyramids before the crowds arrived
- Horse riding in the Copper Canyon in Mexico
- Scuba diving the Great Barrier Reef
- Sailing the Whitsunday Islands in Australia
- Climbing a Glacier in New Zealand
- Climbing a live volcano in Guatemala
- Hiking the Great Wall of China
- Waking up to snowfall in Gangze, Tibet and climbing the fortress
- Arriving in Varanasi, India before dawn and taking a boat trip down the Ganges
(sorry.. much more than one!)
Teach, Learn, Share
Teach: photography, languages: German, English
Learn: Spanish (well I'm a poor student... but trying)
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Ecuador, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Russian Federation, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Syrian Arab Republic, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United States, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Vatican City State, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, Germany, Philippines, Thailand