- 33% response rate
- Last login 18 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Holger’s full profile.
Professional travel photographer from Australia sometimes based Leipzig, Germany but more frequently found out traveling the world.
My work involves producing travel-focused images and video. This gives me the freedom to spend my time doing projects that I enjoy, traveling frequently and avoiding the regular daily grind.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Mainly by meeting socially people at the moment.
Travel, Travel writing, Photography, Swimming, Surfing (the non-couch variety), Surf lifesaving, kayaking, learning languages, left-leaning politics.
- urban planning
- environmental protection
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I've been lucky enough to see more than my fair share of amazing places and had more than my fair share of memorable moments... here's some of my highlights:
- Sunrise over Gunung Bromo volcano in Indonesia
- Sunset at Angkor Wat in Cambodia
- Staying at a hostel with a guard who was armed with a spear in Amritsar, India
- Getting up early and witnessing the Pyramids before the crowds arrived
- Horse riding in the Copper Canyon in Mexico
- Scuba diving the Great Barrier Reef
- Sailing the Whitsunday Islands in Australia
- Climbing a Glacier in New Zealand
- Climbing a live volcano in Guatemala
- Hiking the Great Wall of China
- Waking up to snowfall in Gangze, Tibet and climbing the fortress
- Almost running into holy cows on the dark streets of Varanasi, India before dawn and taking a boat trip down the Ganges afterwards
Teach, Learn, Share
Teach: photography, languages: German, English
Learn: Spanish, Russian (well I'm a poor student... but trying)
Countries I’ve Visited
Albania, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Laos, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Syrian Arab Republic, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Vatican City State, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, Germany, Philippines, Thailand