- Last login about 3 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Trang’s full profile. It’s free!
- Born and raised in Vietnam.
- Lived, studied, worked in the US for 5 years. Now back in Vietnam on a "long break" before going (back) to Barcelona - my favorite city in the world - for my studies.
- My life in Hanoi consists of English teaching, German learning, and salsa/bachata dancing. So far I have nothing to complain :).
- I am a huge language/linguistics geek. My biggest goal right now is to become fluent in German by this time next year. Meanwhile I'm also trying to brush up on my rusty Spanish.
Living abroad and having friends from all over the world teaches me to appreciate how diverse the world is. Everyone is different. Not all of them will be the same as you, not all of them will agree with your point of view. But that's what makes the world worth exploring ;).
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I was doing research for my travels in Europe back in 2013. Stumbled upon CS, looked around... That's how it all began.
- Mostly positive. I've had great experiences surfing couches in different countries, not to mention lots of like-minded people I've met through CS, some of who have become my very good friends :).
- I've done a lot more surfing than hosting, but only because my housing situation in the past 6 years wasn't ideal for hosting. Now that I have my own place, I would like to host again.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Took a three-day bus ride across the US, from Pennsylvania to California...then back!
- Lost my passport in Paris, then managed to get on a plane without an official passport or visa to go back to Barcelona.
Teach, Learn, Share
- I can teach you English - American English for the most part with some traces of my Vietnamese accent :P (still working on my fake British accent, which isn't working out very well haha). I would also love to teach you Vietnamese if you want to try this difficult and exotic language ;). Another random thing I've taught a lot of my friends is how to use chopsticks (haha); you can trust me on this one, I'm an expert with 20 years' experience.
- I can share stories about life in Vietnam, in the US, about my travels, and how I'm in love with Barcelona :).
- As a language geek, obviously I would love to learn more languages. My focus right now is German, but I also need more practice with Spanish.
Countries I’ve Visited
Belgium, Bulgaria, Cambodia, France, Italy, Malaysia, Netherlands, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Spain, United States, Viet Nam