Not Accepting Guests
- Last login almost 5 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Katie’s full profile. It’s free!
Travel through Holland, into England, Scotland, and finally Ireland to meet my Grandfather's family in Belfast. All of this while being a young woman traveling alone. Should be interesting.
I'm a very easy going person, but that doesn't mean I'm laid back. I love to do things, I am a go-getter, and am always involved in something. I'm very empathetic towards others, as well as a good listener. I tend to appear shy at first, but really I'm just reserved. Once I get to know you I can get pretty chatty.
To not impose ones ideas and beliefs on another person, but to exchange them for the purpose of learning and expanding one's horisen.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I can cook, and am more than happy to get my hands in and help. I'm from a big family so getting together to help around the house is a daily thing for me.
I love to learn. If I don't know how to do something, I will let you know and want you to show me!
-I work for an NGO in Canada called Buy-a-Net, and am very active in local charities around my town.
-I am also into the political scene, I volunteer for my local NDP's when ever I have a chance.
-Just recently I joined a local dance troupe called High Voltage Burlesque, I am one of their singers.
-My artistic hobbies are photography, graphic design, oil, acrylic, and water paints. I went to school for the photography and had the luck to study graphic design as well, it then turned into a part time job.
-I do costuming as a large hobby. This means I attend conventions and submit hand crafted costumes in an attempt to win prizes. I only started submitting costumes in 2010, and have yet to win anything. But there is always next year.
- I have a mad obsession with clothing. I would label myself as a fashionista. I love everything from haute couture down to japanese street fashion. If I could fit into all of it, I would wear everything!
- graphic design
Music, Movies, and Books
I love music. It helps me relax, it gets me excited, it makes my day, it makes my night. I am always looking for more music.
- Musician: Dan Mangan, Gregory & The Hawk, Lady Gaga, Iron & Wine, Pogo, Horse Feathers, Crystal Castles, Metric, The Beatles, The Cranberries, Nicki Minaj, Two Door Cinema Club, The Maccabees, Kanye West.
- Books: Crabbe, Rubyfruit Jungle, The Messanger, J.R. Ward
- Movies: Singing in the Rain, Funny Face, High Noon, Funny Girl, Kill Bill (1&2), Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, The Sound of Music, The King and I, Flower Drum Song.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I have never travled outside of Ontario, Canada, as I had never had the means to travel until now. I am very excited to get out into the world and explore.
Teach, Learn, Share
I wish to learn as much as I can.