Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 6 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Jacques’s full profile. It’s free!
To know the world and its people.
I traveled a lot and try to maintain a foot on each continent, at least in Europe, the Americas, and Africa. I love big cities and big mountains, opera and skying. I want to live 100 years to know more about our planet. I teach in a liberal art college and write papers about deforestation and climate change.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Every place is a great place as soon as we meet great people.
Not yet, but I was hosted by Danish people in Copenhagen, though a similar system (New Life Copenhagen), during the climate conference in December 2009. Hi Hanne and Jens !!
Traveling, skying, jazz clubs, New York City, Carnegie Hall, dancing.
Music, Movies, and Books
- Trust (Hal Hartley).
- Sunrise (Murnau).
- Mr Smith goes to Washington (Frank Capra).
- Adam's Rib (Georges Cukor)
- 12 angry men (Sydney Lumet).
- Coltrane: A love supreme.
- Nina Simone: Sinnerman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn5tiuZU4JI
- Maria Callas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXQvPwYYVBI
- Chopin/Cziffra: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf2accwGEaU
- Fania All Star: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m08Kdc3Y7-I&feature=related
- Nietzsche: Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
- Foucault: the birth of the prisons.
- Dostoevski: the idiot.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Berlin, November 1989: the fall of the wall.
- Washington DC, January 2009: the Obama inauguration.
Teach, Learn, Share
Environmental conservation, North-South relationships, globalization, epistemology, Latin and African music, skying.
Countries I’ve Visited
Algeria, Austria, Belgium, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cuba, Denmark, Germany, Haiti, Italy, Kenya, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In
Burundi, France, Laos, Madagascar, Nicaragua, United States, Viet Nam