Maybe Accepting Guests
- Last login over 6 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Jessie’s full profile. It’s free!
My goal in life is to make other people think differently, whether in small or big ways. Life is dynamic, and I love it, and love changing with it.
Hello! My name is Jessie, I'm an architecture major at Georgia Tech in Atlanta. I absolutely love to travel and when I'm not in the studio or living in Atlanta I'm visiting my family in St. Croix/New York or road tripping around with my friends. My friends would say that I'm busy a lot of the time. I never sleep, I'm always doing something.
I live my life in ways that I hope will make others think in other ways. I ask questions like a child, I run places and climb all over everything. People question my judgement sometimes, and some people just think I'm weird, but I wouldn't hang out with them anyways. I'm always happy when I find someone that likes talking about lots of different subjects, and I have many different interests. I love knowing how things work, even if it's difficult for me to understand the math sometimes. Whenever I go out I usually end up getting lost or stumbling on something beautiful, and I think that's how life should always work.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I've just started here at Couchsurfing, so we'll see how this goes.
Couchsurfing virgin! Never tried it, but I'd like to.
1. I'm an architecture major, so I spend a lot of time in studio. I have a lot of interests, and really just want to help improve the world by learning to think differently(because really how else does it get done). Georgia Tech is a great school for architorture undergrad, and my studiomates have become some of my best friends through the studio culture there.
2. I play every sport under the sun, except football(football exists for me to drink and yell on Saturdays in my boyfriend's fraternity block). My favorite is volleyball, I did a lot of Junior Olympic and school teams in high school. I also sail, run cross country, ski(downhill and cross country) bike, kayak, and hunt(if that counts). I'm outdoorsy when I have the time.
3. I'm in a sorority, which is not something that most people can figure out when they meet me. I love my sisters; they celebrate with me when times are good and help me when they're not. They make me get out of studio and go have fun, which is something I need to work on a little bit. They also bring me food, yay.
4. When I'm not in studio, doing various extracurricular activities or sleeping(less likely), I'm visiting my family who lives in St. Croix in the winter and Upstate New York in the summer. I get bored easily there, so I'll do little projects in my dad's workshop. It mostly involves me playing with the bandsaws.
Music, Movies, and Books
I read most things; I love every genre of book except really bland nonfiction novels. The same goes for music, I will listen to almost anything except rap, or extremely repetitive techno. As for movies, I didn't watch too much TV growing up, so I'm a little illiterate in that area. But I love classics like the Shawshank Redemption, Mary Poppins, The Hobbit(the old one). I also like newer movies, just not chick flicks or romantic comedies. I'm also not the best with horror movies; I tend to let my imagination wander a bit.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
1. Pilgrimages to buildings I've heard about but never seen. It's completely different seeing La Sagrada Familia, or Maxxi, in real life.
2. Being out alone on a boat for hours at a time.
3. Stopping to listen to the world.
Teach, Learn, Share
-When I was little I wanted to live in a tree, "My Side of the Mountain" style. So I read a lot of books on botany and wilderness survival. As such, I've got a pretty extensive knowledge of edible plants and animals, poisonous things, I also know how to fish with string made from grass and I'm good at making shelters...if any of that's useful in today's society.
-I'm a pretty good sailor.
-I'm a fairly good "drawrer," and I'm ok at teaching it. Most of what I do is pencil and pen sketching, but I also know how to paint fairly well, and I did sculpture for a while.
-I really like light construction, so I'm good at making wooden decks and tables. Nothing fancy, but if I have a hammer and nails and some wood I can make practical things.
-Cooking is fun. I can make most things, but I have a little trouble with fish.