Maybe Accepting Guests
- 81% response rate
- Last login 8 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see KAROLUSS’s full profile. It’s free!
Living life, one nightmare at a time
- I'm vegan
- I'm pretty relaxed, mostly.
- BeforeI leave home I insert first the key in the keyhole from outside
- Dark humour, so say people.
- I don't have plants at home because I let them die, all of them.
- I prefer starry nights to sunny days. Thunders are awesome.
- I have mastered the art of procrastination towards boring chores I have to eventually do. That includes writing references, so don't worry if you get yours after months or years.
- I deeply despise self-help books (someone shoot Coehlo, please)
- Because I'm South American, people often assume I like salsa or stuff like that. No, I really hate it. I LOVE good electronic music (Berghain, my second home)
- Daydreaming, my dream job
- I love hedgehogs
- Once in a while a enjoy shrooming with friends
- I have the habit of playing the same CD/plate for hours and hours, sometimes for days
- For the rest I'm OK, I guess
Tout a été prévu, sauf comment vivre (something like "everything has been figured out, except how to live", attributed to Sartre, but who knows, internet is so full of shit)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I used to be very active, but not anymore, damn you CS that turned into a corporation.
It started during my first long trip to Switzerland and I had to stop in Lyon, I didn't know a word of French and two lovely and nice CSers - Nancy & Sebastian - saved my day. If you ever go to such lavish city as Lyon and you're a music lover, don't hesitate contact them, you won't regret it.
I love every sort of art, I prefer contemporary but I peep to anything in front of my nose just to be sure I'm not missing anything. I use to think I didn't like electronic music until I moved to Berlin and I discovered that 3% of EDM that is pure gold if you know where to go for it.
I'm also interested in visiting museums, photography exhibitions (but the new C/O is so nothing compared to the original)
I unconditionally love the works of Pina Bausch.
Some random names of writers I like, Borges, Saramago, Ginsberg, Proust, Ionesco, Haddock, JP Peabody, Rushdie, Maupassant...
Oh, since I'm out of Belgium, I went back to the basics, to just drink wine. After having tasted belgian beer, it's difficult not to look down to the rest of the beers in the world. German beer SUCKS!
Beware! I'm a die hard fan of 'Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain', even if 'Les temps sont durs pour les rêveurs' (I know it is possibly the biggest French cliché ever, I don't care)
Music, Movies, and Books
I tried to make a list but it's useless to do so.
One day I can be freely switching from pop, jazz, funky, electro, and next day listening to the same plate again and again, and then all over again...and I like to play the full CDs, no matter if I only like one song of it.
Sometimes I just take a glass of wine and let spin Jarrett's concert in Paris part VII or Tiersen's Dust lane and forget about the world for a while...
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- In the Amazon rain forest: sail along with a pink dolphin, hug sloths, eat worms, piranhas, alligators, monkeys...you name it, I was not vegan then, obviously.
- Travel down the river on raft of 1m2
- As Peruvian, I've never been in Macchu Picchu, honestly I think it's overestimated.
- The giants of Royal de Luxe, love the shit they do
Teach, Learn, Share
I don't have much to teach, maybe some origami, Spanish language, Spanish literature, basic guide of Belgian beers, SAS code.
And of course, the electronic music scene in Berlin
Countries I’ve Visited
Bulgaria, Chile, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey
Countries I’ve Lived In
Belgium, Germany, Peru