Maybe Accepting Guests
- Last login about 1 month ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Kewei’s full profile. It’s free!
Anyone with whom I share a couch surfing experience deserves to know who I am. so I'll start:)
I'm not great on introduction, nor on English so feel free to ask me any question.
1. Born in 1985, in China, the only child of my family. Grown up in Beijing, I miss the warm summer wind and sweet grass fragrance.
2. I learned integrity, vulnerability and compassion along my life journey.
3. I wasted a lot of time doing anything but studying. But I worked hard to go into EFREI (a graduate school) in Paris.
4. I came to Paris, made new friends from all over the world (some are still my best friends). After final term, most of the international students went back to their home country. I started making new French friends and felt stupid because I missed half of the conversation in French. That awakening (highbrow way of saying I had a breakdown) made me start to learn French.
5. I was excited when I finished reading my first novel in French «ne tirez pas sur l'oiseau moqueur», despite it was translated from an English novel «To kill a mockingbird» :)
6. Market sucked when I graduated. I took a job in a software consulting company in Paris. Later on, I started working in an investment bank as a software consultant.
7. I started running regularly with my lovely coworkers and did my 1st Paris marathon early 2014.
8. I see the best in everyone, but rarely see the best in myself.
9. All that being said, I’ve registered myself in Couchsurfing a long time ago but never really have time to give it a shot. Maybe it’s time:)
Do all, feel most.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
It's always interesting to get to know people from different countries. Though I'm quite busy, I'll try to respond to as many reasonable requests as possible. I can't wait to show you many of my favourite spots in Paris.
Running, Swimming, language learning, talking, laughing, cooking, movies, reading, travels, spending time with family
Music, Movies, and Books
Movies: Little Miss Sunshine, Sideways, The Reader, Schindler's List, Dead Poets Society, MammaMia, Into the wild
Books: To kill a mockingbird, Catcher in the rye, Les miserables, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The roads, The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat
Radios: Radiolab, Grammar Girl, HBR IdeaCast, Intelligence Squared U.S. Debates
Music: Paul Simon, Queen, The Beatles
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I ran my first marathon the summer of 2014.
Countries I’ve Visited
Belgium, England, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russian Federation, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In