Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 10 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Laetitia’s full profile.
***** Currently travelling in Central America. *****
Long-standing hitchhiker of the country roads of sweet motherland France and beyond. Repeat hostel lurker, redempted club kid, now part-time financier part-time bear wrangler.
Travel wise? I have lived in four countries (dear France, Germany, the UK and Serbia for a little while) and travelled mostly in Eastern Europe, as far as to Belarus. I almost exclusively travel alone (by choice!), so if you happen to see me reading on a bench somewhere, don't hesitate in coming around to say hello.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Because travelling should be accessible to anyone, whether you are in or out of a job, a student wanting to expand your horizons, a retiree growing tired of staying home...
Note: I have got une duplicate profile on CS that I cannot access anymore, from the time I was living in Berlin. Here it is (and it's got refs!) : https://www.couchsurfing.com/users/2002041802
- Best hitchhiking trip: Lyon to Northern Spain within 24 hours with a good pal of mine. We left at 6 am, arrived at 1am on the next day, after getting so stuck at the border that we had to ask customs to take us back to the city with them :)
- Funniest urban exploration: soviet hospital turned ghost town near Berlin, or the parisian catacombs. Sometimes, the best parties are not at the club - they are literally under your feet.
- Urban cultures: I'm fascinated by Japan's street fashion as much as by Parisian graffiti artists. The hustle and bustle of city life!
- urban exploration
- urban cultures
- novels and fictions
Music, Movies, and Books
Music: the lofi hip-hop ratio has carried me through more sleepless nights than I can admit. Besides this: good fan of live music, especially when listened to in jazz bars. And I also worked in a techno club in Serbia as a PR. So you see, it's eclectic.
Films: Ladj Ly's "les Misérables" (2019), about police violence in French inner cities. It will kick you in the guts, and it is the most realistic depiction I have come to watch besides the classic "La Haine".
Books: currently finishing Musil's 1930 "Der Mann ohne Eigenschaften", a book about existentialism written decades before the word was even coined, and pre-war conditions in Austria. Otherwise: usually either gonzo journalism (Harry Crews, the beat generation...) or Russian literature (Москва-Петушки!)
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Climbing to the top of an abandoned soviet military base to take a look at the city from above at night, in Georgia.
- Jumping off a plane in Odessa, Ukraine. First and only sky diving experience I have had - my faint heart may be to blame.
- Randomly finding my first boat-hitchhike in Agios Nikolaos, Crete - back to Heraclion. The captain, his crewmate and I sailed overnight, under a pitch-dark sky and a quiet sea. Breathtaking.
What I Can Share with Hosts
I can share beers, figs, weird jokes, funky late-night stories and hopefully a good time :)
Countries I’ve Visited
Armenia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Italy, Lithuania, Moldova, Morocco, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Panama, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
England, France, Germany, Serbia