Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 6 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Laura’s full profile. It’s free!
I'm a RN, specialised in critical care and currently working at the ICU.
I'm an open-minded girl who's always in for a laugh and I'm a reliable person. I can be a little timid at first but when I get to know people better, I come out of my shell. I'm always keen for social gatherings and I enjoy meeting new people.
I aim to actually enjoy life rather than sweeping through it, to try anything I haven't done, laugh too loud, travel too much, and meet people wherever I go.
I have a passion (but no real skill) for languages. I would love to speak french fluently, maybe even learn spanish along the way.
I try to stay active, I like running, swimming, playing tennis and walking the dog (I have a rottie).
I've seen most of the places I'd always wanted to see in Europe so the urge to travel further around is getting stronger.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I've met people who have couch surfed. Mostly good experiences, with a few horror stories. I will be traveling to Australia in December for 2 months so hopefully all of my experiences are good.
Anatomy, physiology & pathology; I find it intriguing how the human body functions and interacts with other organisms.
Foods & sports
Experiencing & learning
Traveling & photography
- outdoor activities
Music, Movies, and Books
Used to play the drums for 2 years. Would love to resume someday.
I like all kinds of music, but mostly alternative rock. I also like hardrock, post-grunge, symphonic rock, RnB..
Furthermore there's indierock such as The Script and I have a thing for the 80's.
I don't read as much as I'd like to. Currently reading Down Under by Bill Bryson.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
* Planning my first transatlantic trip all on my own
* Doing the same thing for my 2month trip to Australia. No need for an (O)TA!
Teach, Learn, Share
* Travel while you're young and able. Don't worry about the money, just make it work. Experience is far more valuable than money will ever be.
* You may only live once. But if you do it right, once is enough.
* When life knocks you down, roll over, and look at the stars.
* The best six doctors anywhere and no one can deny it are sunshine, water, rest, air, exercise and diet.
* Die with memories, not dreams.
* You can never be overdressed, or overeducated
* There is no time to be bored in a world as beautiful as this
What I Can Share with Hosts
I love to pick peoples' brains about life in general and would love to see how you stand and what you think about anything and everything.
Countries I’ve Visited
Andorra, Australia, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Spain, Tunisia, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In