Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 3 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Filipe’s full profile. It’s free!
I like to think of myself as an easy to please person, in the way that I don't need much to be happy... but that isn't always so true. I enjoy the simplest things of life...but life isn't always so simple!... or maybe I just complicate it too much sometimes! (by now you already know, I suck at personal descriptions!! hihi) It's not easy to write about myself.. I guess the best is for you to see for yourself and get your own impression! One thing I can say.. I am more of a morning person and when I am tired and sleepy at the end of the day I can get a bit clumsy! So.. see you! :)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I host, participate in meetings (also organize some sometimes) and of course i like to be hosted! :)
Even though I am a CS member since 2004 b.c. (before the crash!), I've only started surfing "strangers" couches in 2009! Through CS i've met some really good, funny and interesting people! I started by hosting people when I was studying in Coimbra (2005) and now I am in Aveiro and it is a pleasure for me to be able to welcome people here too. My experience so far has been very positive!
I've hosted (93) CS people from Italy, Belgium, Australia, Spain, Germany, Estonia, France, Croatia, Brasil, Switzerland, Austria, U.S., Canada, Russia, Poland, Portugal, U.K., Latvia, Turkey, Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Belarus, Lithuania, Greece, South Korea and Argentina!
Surfed (37) couches, in Spain (Salamanca, Madrid, Vigo), Italy (Pisa, Cecina, Florence, Venice, Bergamo), Portugal (Coimbra, Portimão, Faro, Guimarães), Poland (Wroclaw and Leszno), Czech Republic (Prague), France (Beauvais, Paris), U.K. (London and St. Albans), Belgium (Ghent), Germany (Berlin), Switzerland (Geneva), Latvia (Riga, Ventspils), Estonia (Tallin) and Lithuania (Vilnius)
- Good music! no matter what genre.. but I tend to enjoy more rock, blues, reggae, indie, alternative, house...some of the best concerts I've been to.. Manu Chao, Damian Marley, Kings of Leon, Pearl Jam, Cake, Gossip, Coldplay, The Strokes, ...
- Dancing! (even if I don't know how to!)
- Movies and some TV series
- Theater, Arts (not much of a musem person but I appreciate all forms of art)
- Learning new languages
- Games (from hide and seek to stupid group drinking games! ehe) I like some card games, backgammon, darts, snooker...sports, specially ultimate frisbee, football and water sports (that includes snow too! :)
- Photography (need to learn more about it though!)
- Driving.. i love road trips!... and riding my bycicle.. moto as well, even though i don't have one!
- Reading books... studying! (why not!) I'm into engineering/technology and biomedical applications.. did my masters on biomedical engineering (Coimbra University), phd on engineering physics and keep on doing post-doc research at Aveiro University in the field of nuclear medicine instrumentation (radiation detectors and medical imaging)
- I love anything that makes me laugh! :) oh, and food!! :P
- last but not least, hanging out with friends!
- drinking games
- road trips
Music, Movies, and Books
music I like can be listened to in this site: http://www.jango.com/stations/276486424/tunein?song_id=685956&l=0
(not limited to those nor I like all the music that plays there!.. but I like the concept of this site)
- about movies and books there are many, we can talk about that :)
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I have been inside a belly for 9 months!
Teach, Learn, Share
- i can teach many things about Portugal, including of course the language!
- play some guitar (just learn a few chords and songs)
- how to cook a good rice, some bacalhau recipes..
- play ultimate frisbee!
What I Can Share with Hosts
Countries I’ve Visited
Belgium, Czech Republic, Estonia, France, Germany, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In