Nie przyjmuje gości
- Ostatnie logowanie over 1 year temu
Aby zobaczyć pełny profil użytkownika Lou, dołącz do Couchsurfing. To nic nie kosztuje!
Enjoy meeting others, hosting/entertaining others, learning from others, and getting the chance to explore the world and its myriad cultures via simpler travel arrangements. Especially with the knowledge that a friend (or friendly person) will be waiting for me when I arrive, or when I open the door to my apartment.
I am almost always upbeat and easygoing. I am often inquisitive, and I love a good conversation. My life experiences show me that almost everyone has fascinating stories to tell, if you simply ask questions, and then just listen. I also like to challenge myself with new things; whether it's cooking a new dish, repairing/adjusting something on my bicycle, or exploring a new hiking trail. I've always enjoyed working with my hands. I've also always liked Math, but that's usually a conversation killer. ;)
I've always wondered what the keys to ultimate happiness are. My thoughts are still evolving on this point, but surely these are some of the biggest contributors:
-Gratitude for things you have/presently-are earning in life, through hard work and persistence,
-Relationships with others, at all different levels/natures,
-Regular time outdoors, and, of course,
Dlaczego jestem na Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I haven't participated yet, but I'm looking forward to getting the chance soon. Now that I'm living within striking distance of NYC, I imagine I'll get more than my share of chances. ;)
See prior point!
I love getting outdoors, whether it's bicycling alone or with a group along country roads (typically 30 - 50 miles), or kayaking big lakes, or hiking woodsy trails, especially ones that lead to mountain-top views or lakes.
I love cooking a meal from scratch (only vegetarian fare, along with an occasional slab of fish). I've also cooked bread, and made pizza from scratch. Lots of fun to do, and very tasty!
- outdoor activities
Muzyka, filmy i książki
Lord of The Rings (book and movies)
What Color Is Your Parachute?
Jedna niesamowita rzecz, którą zrobiłem(-am)
It's hard to name just one. Here's a few:
1) Seeing the Giant Sequoias in Yosemite National Park, as the sun was receding from the sky, and the gigantic trunks of these behemoths took on an almost orange hue.
2) Viewing the Grand Canyon, either from the South Rim, or from Phantom Ranch (at the bottom), looking up.
3) Paddling Lake George, NY, in a kayak, and hopping from one tiny island to the next, in the collection of islands that is/was? known as "The Mother Bunch".
4) Gazing out for miles over the landscape, from the top of one of the towers in the Alcazaba, at the ancient Moorish outpost in Ahlambra (Granada, Spain). And seeing rain clouds, a full half-hour before the rain reached me. I can only imagine the advance notice they had of advancing armies from this vantage point.
5) Looking down upon the straits of Gibraltar, from high atop the Rock of Gibraltar.
Ucz innych, ucz się sam, udostępniaj
I can show my guest(s) some of the nicest forests to hike in, within 35 minutes of where I live. I can show also recommend some very nice restaurants nearby to my apartment in Nutley, and recommend some of my favorite vegan restaurants in NYC. As a tour guide to NYC, my best use would probably be explaining how to use mass transit to get there--and back--from Nutley. ;)
Yes, I know some of the big landmarks in NYC, but am by no means spending my free time there to learn all the neighborhoods, bars, restaurants and attractions. I just work there 5 days a week. And that's why I'm an expert on mass transit. :)