Maybe Accepting Guests
- 0% response rate
- Last login about 1 month ago
Join Couchsurfing to see LUCASCHEN’s full profile. It’s free!
Make me one of the torches.
People describe me as a friendly, genuine and optimistic (sometimes romantically idealistic) person. Actually, all those adjectives are abstract enough to be used almost on every single soul (in recommendation letters especially...right?). So let's have something off-the-wall. :)
Xiao Chen, alias Lucas, 25, was in the cohort of School of Education and Social Policy of Northwestern University. However, most of his time was not spent in class. Instead, he was found actively engaged in program management and assessment to improve student life and promote global leadership. Last year he was awarded NU's Campus Life Award for his contribution to campus internationalization, which was only extended to 5 of 22,000 students. In 2014, Lucas co-founded an philanthropic education group named "Parva Amor Perpetua" (Tiny Love Unending) with his best friends to provide financial and educational support for underserved college students.
Lucas was born in China and later couch-surfed in fifteen countries. He served as the President and principle coach of Model UN Association of his Alma Mater, and led his team to win China's national best delegate Award. His secondary interest in international affairs and diplomacy has earned him the opportunities to deliver presentations on China-related issues in different institutions in Asia, Europe, and USA. He also interpreted for multiple high-level international events including seminars organized by UNCTAD and Ministry of Science and Technology of PRC.
Though he can make a decent dinner when friends visit, Lucas honestly prefers eating to cooking. He had experiences with stage performance, poetry, piano, guitar, and martial arts. His motto is "Continually in search for similar souls who did not lose faith in love, hope, and dream." He would be more than happy to know you if you are one of these folks.
If you run into him, please pretend you didn't recognize him. You should immediately contact lucas.scholl.chen@gmail to claim your bounty. He will be taken good care of by us.
1. Anger does no good but delays business, harms others and deteriorates the users. Peace is power.
2. "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
3. One full head is more valuable than one thousand full wallets.
4. Never bully. Never hesitate to fight back when you are bullied.
5. "If you cannot be a poet, be a poem."
6. "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow."
Five elements for determining the lifelong love:
1. Share topics in more than one spheres
2. Have shared view of value with reconcilable disputes
3. Don't turn disagreement into either overwhelming nor flinching stance. Put it on the desk and discuss.
4. Allow ample freedom for each other based on trust
5. Not afraid of disclosing flaws to each other
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
1. Offering coach and showing guests around for free
2. Teaching guests Chinese language and martial arts if they like. (I am a good teacher, but I won't push you.)
3. Meeting with cool CSers in the universe
I have met many superb kind hosts and surfers, and am deeply amazed by them.
Anytime when I'm free, my couch is open to you. :)
It is always the right time to make contributions to CS!
Please, add "XOXO" in your request/letter to convince me that you have carefully read my profile.
Warsaw, Slawek & Chryscina
Prague, Stepan & Maternova
Wuhan, Da Xiong
New York City, Helga
Washington DC, Randy
Washington DC, Moondancer
Washington DC, Sarah
Thank you all, my dear friends!
1. Get lost in music
2. A cool shower after football game
3. Create a new language
4. Explore every country with girlfriend
5. Savour a good book over a good cup of tea
6. Meditation in total dark for hours
7. Talk till midnight with people I enjoy
- performing arts
- martial arts
Music, Movies, and Books
Films: Truman's World, Notting Hill, Leon, Beautiful Mind, Schindler's List, Pianist, 50 First Dates, Cinderella Man, Pursuit of Happyness, Flipped, The Notebook, Mulholland Drive
Music: Chopin, D. Shostakovich, Tchaikovsky, R. Schumann, Vivaldi, Liszt, A & K Adach, Kairos, Secret Garden, Bandary, John Miles, Carlos Gardel, Itzhak Perlman, Maksim Mrvica
Books: David Copperfield, Dracula, 1984, Godfly, Pride & Prejudice, Unbearable Lightness of Being, all creation myths
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
1.Been writing to European clubs since 2004, and collected autographs so far 150+ cards. Backpacked to Leverkusen in Germany to support a match. A Photo taken together with Michael Ballack.
2. Lunch talk with Gregory Mankiw and Steven Pinker.
3. Walked 40 kms on foot one day at the age 16.
4. Trekked and camped in Amazon Forest for four days, totally isolated from humans' world.
Teach, Learn, Share
Teach: Chinese language and culture, Chinese cuisine, martial arts (club and close combat), using chopsticks elegantly, guitar
Learn: Foreign languages and culture, exotic cuisine, guitar, acting, Latin Dance
What I Can Share with Hosts
Genuine and active listening. My book recommendations. Enjoy classic music together.
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Russian Federation, Slovakia, South Korea, United States, Vatican City State
Countries I’ve Lived In
China, Poland, United States