Nie przyjmuje gości
- Wskaźnik odpowiedzi: 94%
- Ostatnie logowanie about 7 hours temu
Aby zobaczyć pełny profil użytkownika LUCASCHEN, dołącz do Couchsurfing. To nic nie kosztuje!
Learning to Do, Doing to Learn, Earning to Live, Living to Serve.
My wife and I recently moved and re-opened our place. Feel free to write me if you are looking for a nice host in Chicago. We receive a high volume of requests because Chicago is undoubtedly an attractive city to people from all walks of life. We'd like to host as many people as possible, but also keep some time to ourselves. We prefer to host max. 3-4 guests per month, and for each guest max. 2 nights. We do make exceptions occasionally, but you need to tell us why.
I grew up in China, lived in Poland, and currently work in the United States. I am equally fascinated by languages and cuisines. I used to travel through Europe via backpacking and I adventured into the Amazon forest. I used to be a martial arts trainer and a simultaneous interpreter. Currently I am a researcher and professional in areas of cross-cultural communication, leadership development, and organizational management. I also serve as the co-founder and president of a philanthropic education group that endeavors to support under-served college students.
1. Anger does no good but delays business, harms others and deteriorates the users. Power is in peace.
2. Never bully when you are strong, but never hesitate to fight back when you are weak.
3. "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow." (James Dean)
4. "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." (Vicki Corona)
5. "If you cannot be a poet, be a poem." (David Carradine)
Three elements for maintaining love:
1. Spend quality time together
2. Ask "What happened?" "How do you feel?" "What are your thoughts?" "What do you need?" "How can I help?"
3. When external stress spills in your life, side with your loved one(s), not the stress.
Dlaczego jestem na Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
1. Offering coach and showing guests around for free
2. Teaching guests Chinese language and martial arts if they are interested
3. Meeting with nice CSers from different places
I have met a number of kind hosts and fun surfers on four continents, and I am deeply amazed by their genuineness and experiences. Couchsurfing has made me realize the beauty of mutual trust and demonstrate the belief that strangers are friends that I haven't met. It is always a right time to make contributions to CS. I welcome surfers from all over the world.
SO FAR I HAVE HOSTED GUESTS FROM
China, Germany, Israel, Italy, Poland, Russia, South Korea, United States
1. Get lost in music
2. Take shower after soccer game
3. Learn a new language
4. Explore a less-travelled country
5. Savour a good book over a good cup of tea
6. Meditate in total dark for one hour
7. Talk till midnight with people I enjoy
- performing arts
- martial arts
Muzyka, filmy i książki
Films: Truman's World, Leon, Beautiful Mind, Schindler's List, Pianist, Life of Pi, Cinderella Man, Pursuit of Happyness, Flipped, Mulholland Drive
Music: Chopin, Shostakovich, Tchaikovsky, Schumann, Vivaldi, Liszt, Kairos, Itzhak Perlman, Maksim Mrvica, Secret Garden
Books: David Copperfield, Dracula, 1984, Godfly, Pride & Prejudice, Unbearable Lightness of Being, all creation myths
Jedna niesamowita rzecz, którą zrobiłem(-am)
1.Been writing to European clubs since 2004, and collected autographs so far 150+ cards. Backpacked to Leverkusen in Germany to support a match. Took a photo together with Michael Ballack.
2. Lunch talk with Prof. Greg Mankiw and Prof. Steven Pinker at Harvard University.
3. Walked 40 kms on foot one day at the age of 16.
4. Trekked and camped in the Amazon forest for four days, totally isolated from humans' world.
Ucz innych, ucz się sam, udostępniaj
Teach: Chinese language and culture, Chinese cuisine, martial arts (self-defense), using chopsticks elegantly, guitar
Learn: Foreign languages and culture, exotic cuisine, guitar, martial arts
Czym mogę się podzielić z gospodarzami
Genuine and active listening.
Kraje, w których byłem(-am)
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Italy, Macao, Peru, Poland, Russian Federation, Slovakia, South Korea, United States, Vatican City State
Kraje, w których mieszkałem(-am)
China, Poland, United States