Not Accepting Guests
- 100% response rate
- Last login 28 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Xavier’s full profile. It’s free!
PLEASE READ THE HOME SECTION IF YOU WANT TO SEND ME A REQUEST! I don't live in central Fethiye but in a village 20km away. If you want a place close to the seaside please don't request.
Since 2006 I've been busy traveling and taking photos.
I was raised by French and Belgian parents, grew up in West Africa, studied in Europe, married a Turkish girl (https://www.couchsurfing.com/people/caligula) and spent most of the last 10 years traveling by bicycle, hitchhiking or walking.
You can see what I do here: http://www.xavier-allard.com
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Hosted about 150 people and was hosted over 250 times. ALL POSITIVE !!!
Apart from travel-related topics, I'm currently learning about alternative building techniques, organizing workshops with architect friends every summer. I also love woodworking.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Traveled toooo much (Cycled 24000km in 25 countries and hitchhiked over 50000km in 40+ countries)
- Walked for five weeks in Syria, Lebanon and Jordan.
- Motorcycle trip in Iraq.
- The gulf of Aden with 1000 cows on a wooden boat.
- Tracked whales with scientists in Gabon.
- Met the grandma of B.Obama in Kenya.
- Slept at the very center of a 300 sheeps flock in Lebanon.
- Crossed Kenyan deserts on top of a truck.
- Was hunted down by nazis in Ukraine but escaped.
- Went everywhere in Turkey and all countries around by hitchhiking.
- Lived 11 years in Africa and traveled several parts of this continent.
- Slept in all sorts of places including cemeteries, mosques, Buddhist temples, public toilets, caves, boats or trucks, but most often in my tent or at CSers.
Countries I’ve Visited
Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Cameroon, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Denmark, Djibouti, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Gabon, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guinea, Hungary, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Réunion, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Syrian Arab Republic, Thailand, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Vatican City State, Viet Nam, Yemen
Countries I’ve Lived In
Belgium, France, Guinea, Nigeria, Turkey