Wants to Meet Up
- Last login about 9 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Marta’s full profile. It’s free!
My current mission is to survive the Irish weather. So far so good.
English is not my mother tongue, I cannot be too perfect, so forgive me possibly weird syntax errors.
Born in Poland, partly raised in the Netherlands, I consider myself a lucky privileged bastard being born and raised by three amazing parents that have let me to explore the world by myself.
I moved here in autumn 2015 from Belgium for professional reasons; I've become your average economic immigrant (I don't like the word expat), since Dublin is in desperate need of language speakers the decision has been made reasonably quick. After 5 years of living in Belgium it was about time to change my environment, but Brussels will always be my sweet home.
I have a 8-5 job, so things are steady. After work I like to cycle, swing dancing or drinking good beer (preferably Belgian) in excellent company.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
By hosting and spreading the word
My hosts: (oops, no dates noted - surfed between 2009 and 2013)
Denise (non-CS)(Dutch)- Helmond
Hadewijch (Belgian)- Brugge
Demian (German)- Cologne
Alex (Romanian)- Bxl
Areta (Polish)- Krakow
Lenny (Moldovian)- Utrecht
Federica (Italian)- Milano
Peter (American)- New York
Andrea and Checho (Chilean)- New York
Kseniya and Roma (Belarusian)- Minsk
Peter & Suzanne (BE & NL)- Antwerpen
Inga- Lithuania(November 2010)
Yangwei- China(November 2010)
Natalia- Greece(November 2010)
Silke- Germany(December 2010)
Joe- USA and his friend Brian(December 2010 and January 2011)
Asia- Poland(October 2011)
Zane- Slovakia(November 2011)
Kristin- USA(December 2011)
Jonathan- Canada(December 2012)
Brunel- Belgium(March 2013)
Alex- USA(May 2013)
Maaria and Mart- Estonia(July 2013)
Vincent- France(August 2013)
Piotr, Marcin and Tomek- Poland(November 2013)
Barbara & Ania - Poland (November 2013)
Languages, hiking, cycling, travelling by train, Lindy hop, digital photography, art house cinema
- swing dancing
- road trips
Music, Movies, and Books
I have to admit that I am a huge Harry Potter fan (of books rather than the movies).
I love cinema, especially art house. My favorite movies are Okuribito and Bin-Jip.
Music: (swing) jazz, bluess, electro, dance, balkan
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Simple things such as bike rides with my step Dad and hikes with my Dad
- Playing boardgames with thenwhole family
- Visiting (with an open jaw!) the Long Room in the Trinity College
- Hikes in the hills in Auverge
- Lazy afternoons in the Cinquentaire park in Brussels
- Lonely road trips through Poland, Belarus and Ukraine
- A night stroll through the Red Square in Moscow
- Dealing with the highly 'important' and bossy authority of the immigration department of Belarus
- Long summers I spent as a kid in the cottage house of my grandparents in Bory Tucholskie in Poland
- Lonely train rides to random places in the Netherlands as student
- Learning to enjoy eating cheese
- Moving to foreign countries (Belgium, France and Ireland) all by myself and surviving without Mams and Dads
- Late night motor bike ride (me as a passenger, duh!) through Straße des 17 Juni in the heart of lovely Berlin
- Overcoming my fear of cycling after being involved in an accident in Brussels
Countries I’ve Visited
Belarus, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Poland, Russian Federation, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican City State
Countries I’ve Lived In
Belgium, France, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland