Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 8 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Matthew’s full profile. It’s free!
First off, five quotes:
1) "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are." -John Wooden, UCLA Basketball coach
2) "You'll stop worrying about what people think of you when you realize how rarely they do."-unknown
3) "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."-Samuel Johnson
4) "Only the half mad are wholly alive" - Edward Abbey.
5) No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted. -Aesof
A man once told me, "Whatever you do, do the right thing." This is how I try to live my life.
If you're going to the west coast of the USA, I can provide you with some excellent advice on where to travel.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
People I have hosted:
1) A Belgian couple with an excellent sense of taste!
2) Two brothers who enjoyed Pinks Hotdogs.
3) An Australian guy who saw the Playboy Mansion.
4) A Dutch guy and German guy whom I ran along the beach with.
5) Two crazy awesome Finnish girls.
6) Two kickass German chefs.
7) A German brother and sister who went tanning at the beach!
8) A lovely French girl who walked with me on the Freedom Trail.
9) A USA guy biking-across-America that my housemate and I met while playing darts at a bar.
10) _______(Your name here)_______
People I have stayed with:
–A chill Spaniard (Madrid)
–A shrimp fisherman and his wife and 9 month old son (Gata de Gorgos)
–A garbage collector and his family (Grenada)
–A magician and his wife (Sevilla)
–A wonderful brother-sister duo from Africa (Madrid)
I must say that I have had some incredible experiences with these people. They are all just amazing. Really.
I enjoy running, biking, rock climbing, mountaineering, hiking, reading, watching movies, snow skiing, slalom skiing, traveling, trying new things, skinny dipping, skydiving, learning, taking analog photos, surfing, shooting rubber bands, painting, ice skating in Boston Commons, food fights, snowball fights, big ice cream bites, flying kites, neon lights, great heights and august sights, and romantic walks on misty evening nights.
- rock climbing
Music, Movies, and Books
Siddhartha, Heart of Darkness, The Alchemist, Into the Wild, Ender's Game, King Lear, The Illustrated Man, 1984, Infinite Jest, etc...
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Shrimp fishing off the southern coast of Spain. ¡La Tomatina!. Walking on El Caminito del Rey.
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach you how to make spätzle or croquettes! I can show you a magic trick!
What I Can Share with Hosts
There are good and bad people everywhere you go. There are more good people than bad people. Additionally, karma is real, and good things happen to good people while bad things happen to bad people. It is the experiences in life that we remember best and gain the most satisfaction from.
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Morocco, Spain, Switzerland, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Germany, Spain, United States