Wants to Meet Up
- 100% response rate
- Last login about 14 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Max’s full profile.
UPDATE June 2021:
I suspended my hosting officially, because I am busy. BUT I can still in principle and VERY SELECTIVELY host some REALLY NICE couch surfers!
UPDATE, May 2021:
I will be VERY selective. Please don't feel offended if I don't accept you, or don't reply.
1. CS message server can be unreliable sometimes. If you need hosting send you whatsapp in the first message if possible. I need to know where you will be travelling from, and your arrival point in Porto, plus approximate time of arrival. IIMPORTANT: if you are crossing borders, you MUST tell me about your Covid-19 vaccination and/or health status.
2. I have had some of my best hosting experiences in Porto, and also stinking ones ;-) Some people think couch surfing is an app for buying and changing hosts from the highest bidder!
OK, about me: converted ancient Egyptian soul ;)
World explorer multi-flavoured Cheese Export. Matured in London. Transferred to Moscow ;p
I travel in and out of London regularly because of work.
ONLY during the Christmas season, I shall be able to accommodate 2-3 couch surfers, but by invitation ONLY!
NOTE: Please be organised. I need your whatsapp, your email; arrival point; estimate of arrival time. And you need to give me an update so neither of us suffers in order to meet up, or/and make it to my place!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Part of the world.
I live my life: I see the positive in any hosting or being hosted experienced. But I stand up to hypocrites and usurpers.
Couch surfing in my view works more effectively when you and the other couch surfer(s) have a good enough common interest (or common special interest :)
The other things you need for the experience to be worth it include:
2. Have an open mind.
3. Spontaneous circumstances (or good organisation) to get the best of the other person: sharing, caring, entertaining ;)
4. Conversation doesn't always need to be deep; can also be light hearted. You see, there is time for everything ;)
5. If one wants to contribute to the conversation/experience, at least make a competent attempt: if you want to discuss politics, sociology or art, at least make an effort to research the subject. Don't be arrogant and dismissive: I hate it when people talk about left and right wing without an UNDERSTANDING (not just knowledge) of the history and dynamics of social movements. A lot of people say they are open minded, or 'liberal'. But if issues are discussed in any depth cracks can be seen. There is no 'theory' to illuminate and furnish the discussion on a firm analytical ground. Please don't misunderstand the point: the aim is not to turn every piece of casual chat into an academic debate - NO, that's not the objective. But it has been observed that even with the best of intentions some of us (many of us) have fundamental (unjustified) bias and misunderstandings about what we would like to discuss. One doesn't have to be a professor. But on the other hand, it would be graceful to show some modesty if a more credible attempt is made by the other party, because of critical gaps in your conception of things. So, be humble and remember to give credit where credit is due.
I make friends wherever I go. Like to share good moments. Hosted parties everywhere ;)
- russian literature
- digital marketing
Music, Movies, and Books
Music: Viktor Tsoi/Fayrooz/selected Spanish guitar compositions; other classic compositions (for instance Bach's Prelude in F-Minor)
Films: various, but I can name some directors if you ask me ;p
Books: Ulysses (James Joyce); Generation P (Viktor Pelevin); Das Kapital (Marx); L'Etranger, La Peste (Camus); Season of Migration to the North (Tayeb Saleh); Cancer Ward (Solzhenitsyn); Reflexions sur la question juive (Sartre);
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Homeless for one night by choice in Goteborg, Sweden ;)
I wrote a short story about a lawyer who becomes paranoid ;)
Falling in and out of love ;)
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach you to count in hex
I can sing you a song with every drink you give me ;p
And bedtime stories :)
What I Can Share with Hosts
Good sense of humour. Good company. A good party!
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In
Germany, United Kingdom