- 75% response rate
- Last login about 1 month ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Mikhail’s full profile.
You can just call me Misha. It's my short name which suddenly makes everything easier.
My feeling of home is currently in Berlin where I have a job in the Tech-startups niche getting constantly challenged by big city life. As everyone else who moved to Berlin, I'm mixing my full-time job with my creative endeavors. I express myself by writing small blog posts to my own Telegram channel called "Clockwork Orange". The channel link is https://t.me/clockworkmisha/ [it's in Russian though].
For fun I'm usually diving into books (fiction, contemporary, technical), listening to various kinds of music and traveling, as everyone else here in Couchsurfing.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I've signed up for the Couchsurfing journey at 2015 during my US trip to practice my English 24/7 experience how do Americans actually live. Later I realized that it's my pleasure to meet, speak and live with community members.
Also, Couchsurfing teaches you to get out of your bias-based comfort zone and realize that the world is actually different from what you've thought. Every country is safer, every human being is kinder, every spot in this world has treasures worth your photoshoot.
- russian literature
Music, Movies, and Books
More interesting directions for me now are:
1. Good 20th century which never dies, like Depeche Mode, The Doors, Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Pink Floyd
2. Post-punk like PUP, Slaves, IDLES, Cloud Nothings, Parquet Courts
3. The rest of my attention goes into the new wave of Russian music: Pasosh, Pornofilmy, Buerak, Haski, Oxxxymiron, sometimes even the dummy rap like Max Korzh. For nostalgic notes, I dive into Krovostok, Grazhdanskaya Oborona.
A Clockwork Orange, One Flow Over The Cuckoo`s Nest, 451 Fahrenheit, Animal Farm, Generation P, The Three Musketeers, iPhuck10, The Godfather. I also love everything I've read from Dostoevsky and Palahniuk, which is a weird mix, but there is definitely something in common.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
1) Solo life and kinda hard work in the US when I was 19.
2) Got a run for 50km at the trial marathon when I was 20
3) Solo-backpacking in India being 20 (lol, it's not the best place for a fresh-blood backpacker, even though I love this country and people there a lot)
4) Moved to Berlin when I was 22. A new society, a new language, new rules, new life, you know.
Teach, Learn, Share
I can introduce you to Russian culture if you still don't know what that is. The mentality, books I've been raised on, Cinema industry, the music of all time-slots, Russian language as a tool to manage all these sweet things.
I can also share my experience with music, literature, English, German, emigrant life.
What I Can Share with Hosts
It seems like I already know many things about Berlin, so you will definitely get a trustworthy Couchsurfing experience
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Italy, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Netherlands, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Germany, Russian Federation, United States