Wants to Meet Up
- Last login about 1 month ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Mila’s full profile. It’s free!
"I'm something like stormy weather
If I weren't we´d never
do I have to tell you
That I'm also the sunlight,
that shines shortly after?
I just rain cause I have to,
on to another chapter
I wish you lots of laughter
Til the next time you see me
Just remember you need me,
I'm the storm coming..."
( Gnarls Barkley)
* I describe people by quoting song lyrics.
* I like to laugh, I like to dance and I am able to sit through 10 hours straight of Game of Thrones.
* I have crazy friends. And boring ones. They get along well.
* I studied french and spanish in school and forgot almost all of it. I want to learn it again.
* I'm a small town girl, so I I'm glad to live in Friedenau. Berlin still confuses me.
* I love food - oh I love food!
* I'm a literature blogger.
The next one is important:
* I am generally a very warmhearted person and after years of international experience, I DO try to be a little more diplomatic. The thing is: If I want it or not, I am usually quite blunt. I mean pretty much everything exactly as I say it and even if I don't say it, I'm not very good in hiding my thoughts, they clearly register on my face. So if you value politeness over everything else or criticize people's opinions only behind their backs - we might not be the perfect match.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
Martin Luther King Jr.
"Now I don't know what you've been told
Every little goldfish is not gold
Every little viper's not your friend
And a million dollars is not how this story ends.
Doesn't mean a thing
Catch it on the wind, throw it to the sea
There's a lot of old gods in the deep
Maybe you could see them if you weren't just standing
Staring at some message on your omnipresent phone
Youâre so goddam materialistic,
man you've got to let it go!
There's going to be thunder in the hills
There's going to be a red moon in the sky
People never do what they've been told
You're gonna have to hold your loved ones to you
through the night
Underneath the sky
Turning out the lights
Everybody comes in by the fire
Dance the night away!"
(The cat empire)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Hosting, baking, cooking, partying, picknicking...
CS is by far my favorite way to travel and when I´m not able to leave Berlin, it gives me an opportunity to invite the world to my place. Many of my surfers I´ve seen again and some became really close friends. CS is one of my favorite inventions ever.
Meeting new people, learning about their culture, learning about Berlin, books,books,books, movies, and FOOD!
Music, Movies, and Books
Movies: Peter Pan, Mona Lisa Smile, Lord of the Rings, white Oleander, Tarantino and X-Men
Music: Reggaeton,Reggaeton, Reggaeton!
Books: ooooh so many. Gone with the wind, Wuthering Heights, Outlander. Huh. Love Stories, apparently.
I just installed a book exchange box at my place. Since Henry from Australia gave me the gloriuos idea of exchanging books on CS, I now invite every guest to use this book box (based on a "take one, leave one" principle). Love it, Thanks Henry!
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Taking part in a native American Sweat Hut, followed by a traditional bear dance, at a tribe gathering in Fresno, California.
Teach, Learn, Share
I'm currently trying to read all the books on the BBC "100 best loved novels of all time" list. I'm halfway through, so if you"re interested in how Tolstoi is different from Dostojewski - feel free to ask. ;)
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Scotland, Slovenia, Spain, Tunisia, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Germany, Netherlands, Spain