Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 2 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Mattias’s full profile. It’s free!
OK, I have now re-written this profile six times, because I don't know how to write a profile without sounding f***ing boring.
I warn you before you start reading, this is going to be a VERY boring profile. My reviews say the same.
So some facts about me:
• I love to joke (I have a dark and cheeky sense of humour) and make plays with my words.
• I like to live in communities where I can work a few hours a day for food and a bed, so I don't have to worry about money, and at the same time earn some of my own money online. I do this to learn and grow in many ways, to learn practical skills and interpersonal and communication skills, and more importantly to reflect on my life. My life is good to me.
• I am quite direct (sometimes too direct), so please do not mistake that for coldness or social awkwardness.
• I was so bloody ugly as a kid that the pedophile used to eat his own sweets.
• I do not drink. Being Irish, this is unusual, but I was a test-tube baby from an experiment that went wrong, so I lack certain genes, and therefore I can't drink.
• I was diagnosed with Bi-polar... And I have very mixed feelings about it.
• I am a autodidact, so I never liked the idea of going to college, so I just decided to travel, and learn about many different areas while doing that. My life is fulfilling for me as it is now.
• My friends call me naïve (I believed them of course!)
• I love to talk about: politics, how Socialism sucks and why it makes things worse than they were before, why we're wrong to depend on government, why I think Pope Francis will be assassinated very soon, online learning, the human condition, mystical experiences, talking about volunteering, joking together, and swapping recipes.
• I do not like going into cafés I don't know, because they fill me with uncertain tea.
• I study in my own independent time and manner things like investing, online business building, building up streams of passive income, social marketing and online selling. It is a lot to learn sure, but I do enjoy it.
• I have a random social life. I am someone who will just message someone, and ask them to meet up if I like the impression I get from the person. I am not afraid to seem foolish or awkward.
• I have a tendency to enjoy the company of older people a lot more than my current generation. I don't know how to explain it, I just follow what I feel attracted or drawn to.
OK, I want to explain this too, because I want to avoid having future experiences in which I will feel uncomfortable or out of my element, and I want hosts to be able to reject me if this bothers them:
I really don't like nightclubs or bars or parties as social places, because I can't really talk to you without becoming really overwhelmed and things get too chaotic. I prefer more laid-back, casual and calm places where I can truly get to spend time with my hosts. That can be also doing the most basic things like shopping, cooking, cleaning up, etc. Remember, it's not what you do together, it's being together that truly counts, therefore I truly care about the affinity I have with people which is why I prefer to give my hosts my undivided attention without a lot of distractions, and not just having a place to sleep, so I always choose carefully. So, if you think I'm really boring or just not your kind of guy, just decline me, maybe with a personal message saying "Wow Mattias, I wasted 10 minutes of my life reading your profile. No way!"
Also, I am not "open-minded", "easy-going", or somebody who "likes to travel or meet people from different cultures". What I really am is close-minded (to populist ideas), extremely difficult to get along with, and pedantic to the point where you want to cut my f***ing head off! Hehe.
I look forward to whatever comes my way.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Yeah good question, because I find CS is losing its spirit. I don't know how to answer this.
Well, the people I stayed with I really all enjoyed, except one, well, look, he was an extremely nice guy, but you see, he kind of tried to fuck me and I did not want that! But all in all, Couchsurfing has been a blessing!
My passions more like it!
Writing concise history stories. I love writing history that is told more in a field of context rather than just dry facts and content.
Cooking. I have a good touch with food.
I enjoy telling and swapping jokes with others.
I like making friends who I can keep in touch with.
I really dont like places like bars, nightclubs, or loud places, because they just are not the places for me at all, and I cant talk to anyone. I like places and events in which I can talk openly and freely with people and have fun, ideally without the pressure to drink.
Music, Movies, and Books
World music of nearly any type. Also Daft Punk, Robert Palmer, Barry White, Fatboy Slim, Lynrd Skynrd, Mylo, REM, Ted Gärdestad, A-ha, Fun lovin' Criminals, Classical music...
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
The Game of Life and How to Win it
To be intimidated or not to be intimidated.
Rich Dad Poor Dad
Power Vs. Force
Healing and Recovery (David R Hawkins)
Transcending the Levels of Consciousness (also by David R Hawkins)
Bilingual stories (to help with my languages)
Business stripped bare (by Richard Branson)
World cinema, comedy, independant film industry, true-story films, and anything with Robbin Williams.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I had an out-of-body experience. Yeah, the only amazing thing I could think of!
Teach, Learn, Share
English, because it is VERY useful and a beautiful language!
I can share my humour that lights up peoples' days.
Personal insights, that may or not be interesting for the other person.
Please let me think of more
What I Can Share with Hosts
I can help cook if they want it. I always love to cook a meal with someone as a way of being social. I also clean up always. If you want any information about online learning portals, then I can help with that! I can also help with English, as I have a lot of patience. But you also have to help me with your language if I'm learning it, ok?
Countries I’ve Visited
Croatia, Denmark, France, Germany, Malta, Morocco, Norway, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom, Wales
Countries I’ve Lived In
France, Ireland, Italy, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden