Dublin, Dublin, Ireland (Republic of)
Last login 11 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Mattias's full profile. It's free!View Full Profile
My name's Mattias (you can call me Matti).
First, I feel I should say these things because it will help to remove some misunderstandings and you can see if I am someone you would enjoy being with. I know that the quality has declined a lot in Couchsurfing since it became a corporation and numbers have hugely increased. I just want you to know that I won't treat your place like a hostel, where I come back late at 03:00 from a bar completely drunk, or have a party with other strangers in your house, and will always clean up after myself. I also won't have my head stuck in my electronic device all the time! Another thing I should say is that I don't like nightclubs or bars, just so you know. I just like hanging out with people in a calm and casual atmosphere, just getting to know eachother, cracking jokes, laughing, swapping life stories and possibly cooking together. Those are the kind of exchanges I enjoyed the most. An emotional connection is what I value most with people I'm with.
Who am I, and why am I the PERFECT guest? A short parody, for those who do not understand the subtle humour:
• I am first of all somebody who feels good receiving from others, to such a degree that I willingly let them pay and pay nothing in return! If you want to take me out for an expensive meal and pay for it, I am absolutely fine with that. Then I will pretend that I forgot my wallet, or say that I need my mother to wire some money to me. I will come up with any creative excuse to avoid paying because, well, I'm a traveling backpacker, give me a break!
• I am willing not just to stay with you, but also sleep with you/your friend/your roommate/ all of you if I am lucky! When I say I am "open-minded", that is what I mean. Also, when I say "I love to meet people from different cultures", that really means "hhhmmmmm... Exotic women!" When I say I am "colorful", that means bisexual!
• When people ask where I am from, I say I come from the "Millennial" generation, also known as Generation Entitled!
• I am told by everybody that I am very naïve. And I believed them!
• I am "respectful", "hospitable" and "generous". However none of these self-described traits apply to men, because I have nothing to gain from them.
So there, I am the perfect and typical Couchsurfer! Now my serious self-description:
• I am honest in my observations of people and things.
• I have a lively sense of humour and I like to tease people, so if you are "sensitive", watch out! So many stuck-up narcissists out there.
• By the way, I should honestly say this at the risk of sounding very controversial because I feel it is necessary. I am not like Zimbabwe, which is ruled by a dick. if I really want sex, I will go to a prositute. I'm not bloody joking. I can afford it, and at least if I spend money on a prostitute, she is DEFINITELY going to "deliver the goods". She is not going to "have a boyfriend" or a "headache" and there is no need to waste my time for a long dinner in a restaurant or paying for 5+ drinks in a bar trying to get a girl drunk, which still guarantees nothing! Hopefully that will clear things up. I know this level of honesty is not valued by many here and are therefore uncomfortable or offended, and that's fine. Let them be and me be.
• I am a big fan of words and plays on words.
• I am an introvert so I am not the type who is extremely lively or likes to jump all over the place and who never stops moving.
• I consider myself quite emotionally intelligent and mature for my age. I relate very well too with people older than me.
• I'm a volunteer for the time being. I travel to all sorts of locations to do random volunteer jobs, in exchange for food and board, which I really enjoy. This website Helpx.org allows me to do this. Check it out, maybe you'd like it. I like to talk about adventures.
• I am learning website design, computer languages and IOS app development and investment. A lot to learn! University sucks!
• I am also working on writing history stories, which are detailed yet concise, told more from context other than content, which I love doing.
• I really love being with people who have a developed intellectual side to them, to help stimulate my own. Also individuals who are emotionally developed are also very much appreciated.
• I have very mild Aspergers Syndrome. When I say very mild I am not like other people with Aspergers, I just want to let you know that I am a bit different from other people, and I don't mind if it disappoints you. Not all people are "tolerant" and "open-minded"
• My goal is to live forever... Well, so far so good!
I would love to expand my social circle around several countries. I would rather not say too much, because I risk repeating so many banal platitudes used so offen on Couchsurfing, like "I am open-minded... love travelling and meeting people from different cultures..." I am quite happy to allow my reviews to speak for me.
I use Couchsurfing not just for staying with people, but also to make new friends from all sorts of places. Remember that how good a place is depends on its inhabitants.
I like to talk openly with people. I have plenty to talk about, including travel stories, close encounters with danger, weird spiritual experiences, and other things which are too generic to list.
I also help cook, and keep the place as I left it. No use in doing nothing. And no worries, I'm not a freeloader.
I give them great entertainment with my cheeky and wicked humor!
Well, the people I stayed with I really all enjoyed, except one, well, look, he was an extremely nice guy, but you see, he kind of tried to fuck me and I did not want that! But all in all, Couchsurfing has been a blessing!
My passions more like it!
Writing concise history stories. I love writing history that is told more in a field of context rather than just dry facts and content.
Cooking. I have a good touch with food.
I enjoy telling and swapping jokes with others.
I like making friends who I can keep in touch with.
I really dont like places like bars, nightclubs, or loud places, because they just are not the places for me at all, and I cant talk to anyone. I like places and events in which I can talk openly and freely with people and have fun, ideally without the pressure to drink.
World music of nearly any type. Also Daft Punk, Fatboy Slim, Lynrd Skynrd, Mylo, REM, Ted Gärdestad, A-ha, Fun lovin' Criminals, Classical music...
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
The Game of Life and How to Win it
Rich Dad Poor Dad
Power Vs. Force
Healing and Recovery (David R Hawkins)
Transcending the Levels of Consciousness (also by David R Hawkins)
Bilingual stories (to help with my languages)
Business stripped bare (by Richard Branson)
World cinema, comedy, independant film industry, true-story films, and anything with Robbin Williams.
I had an out-of-body experience. Yeah, the only amazing thing I could think of!
English, because it is VERY useful and a beautiful language!
I can share my humour that lights up peoples' days.
Personal insights, that may or not be interesting for the other person.
Please let me think of more
I can help cook if they want it. I always love to cook a meal with someone as a way of being social. I also clean up always. If you want any information about online learning portals, then I can help with that! I can also help with English, as I have a lot of patience.
Croatia, Denmark, France, Germany, Malta, Morocco, Norway, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom, Wales
Join Couchsurfing to see Mattias's full profile. It's free!View Full Profile