Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 28 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Rachid ’s full profile. It’s free!
"Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to get back to"...
******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ********
I am a Human Being who belongs ethnically to Ait Hdiddou Amazigh (not Berber Plz) Tribe (mankind), who enjoys living so simply, and who believes in cooperation instead of competition, in peace instead of struggle, in hospitality instead of commercialization, in help instead of profiting, in charity/generosity instead of meanness and in love instead of hate. I'm always searching for something new in Life, I enjoy sharing food and traditions with my guests so that keep us alive within a consumption-culture.
* Be yourself, create more Love & spread Peace and Live simply, so that others may simply live; do it laughingly, too; laugh your brains out and don't be scared as life is there to give you just what you need (10 minutes of laughter allows you 2 hours of relaxation and good sleep ;-) ). and put in your mind that Things happen for a Reason!.
* A moment of participation involves a realization of the wonder and sheers the beauty of existence and living in the world of nature takes you into the recognition of something there that is much greater and valuable than the human dimension.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
~HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING~
I've mostly been a host since I joined CS community in 2008, but I hope to return the favour of discovering and enjoyment by surfing, otherwise I enjoy it a lot since I travel at home by hosting different people from different parts of the world. I'd like to show people a little about what my culture is like and possibly learn something about their lives, culture and language too. CS has taught me a lot and I would love to meet other travellers who want to discover my world :-).
~SUMMARY OF MY CS JOURNEY~
* I had hosted people from Africa, the Americas, Asia, Australia, and Europe.
* I had met Couchsurfers for Coffee and Meals, as I cooked for them too.
* I had been a CS family ambassador until February 2013.
* I have been a CS travelling ambassador and part of the ambassador team until 2014.
* I had been vouched for people 72 times.
* I was a CS Team Member for more than a year and welcomed lots of new members.
* I had travelled with CouchSurfers and showed them around every part of Morocco.
* I had Surfed Couches in Fes, Marrakesh, Taroudannt…etc.
* I had organized CS meetings (Fes CS New Year meeting), as I had met a lot of CouchSurfers in different locations and meetings.
* I created and moderated several groups, and I was part of CS Morocco Moderation Team until 2014.
Hundreds of experiences in over than 4 years of CSing around!
I travel within my house and I’d hosted, and met a lot of wonderful people as I had opened and shared my modest shelter, food and heart with them. It’s a great pleasure to share everything and to host and meet everyone. Hospitality for me means a lot in my possibility and I try always my best to make people feel at home.
Many years of experience took me into a world of wonderful encounters and amazing shared moments.
I'm fond of Tripping around, Travelling, Cooking, Dancing, Laughing, & Photography, Skydiving, Halloumi cheese, Fallafel, Tagine, Moroccan culture....
Music, Movies, and Books
*** Movies: - multicultural movies and documentaries which can help me understand the outsider world.
*** Music: - multicultural music and songs that can help me build a deep appreciation of diversity of human kind.
*** Books: - some books are out there worth reading but LIFE is the BEST BOOK I had ever read and I'm still reading it and walking through its pages, those who did not learn the greatest lessons, life teaches us the largest, we live in this life and we move in its streets, we seek its roads, we stop in its station, through our way we encounter lots of lessons. Yes, we encounter and coexist, we feel pain, suffer and learn; we continue to move on to encounter again and learn from every page of Life.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
• • Being a Human Being and Life Citizen since 1985!
• • Rode a Camel upside down and backwards in 2009!
• • Getting lost in High Atlas Mountains in June 2009, walking for 5 days between the High Atlas villages and flooded rivers!
• • Reached Ifni Lake (in the heart of High Atlas Mountains, in 2312 m / 7585 ft high) in June 2009!
• • Trekked / reached the highest Peak of North Africa; Toubkal Mountain’s Peak (4167 m / 13,671 ft high) in November 2009!
• • Hitchhiked around Southeastern Morocco, from Merzouga to Figuig!
• • Hitchhiked around the South of Morocco from Rissani to Tighassaline passing by Nekub, Taroudannt, Mirleft, Sidi Ifni, Gulmim, Bouizakaren, Tiznit, Agadir, Essaouira, and Marrakesh...more than 2,400km in 10 days!
• • Drove a Motorbike from Casablanca to Tighassaline (400 KMs) wearing a T-shirt & lost my voice for one week!
• • Hitchhiked through the Northeastern part of Morocco: Fés, Taza, Guircif, Taourirt, Oujda, Saidia, Nador, Al Hoceima, Targuist, Ketama, Fés!
• • Stayed awake for 72 hours continuously!
• • Travelled to Hamunaptra (City of the Dead Man) in the 1999 horror/action film, The Mummy!
• • Ate Russian Pelemini in Rabat, Hungarian Goulash in Fes, and the Slovenian "Dressed Banana" in 2011!
• • Danced & Watched Cat Stevens, Sugarbabes, & Papa Wenbe in Mawazine Festival Concerts!
• • Visited 366 cities & villages in Morocco & became the ambassador of “Good Intentions”!*_*
• • Watched Leonard Cohen, Souad Massi and Tinariwen!
Teach, Learn, Share
Teach me your language I teach you mine, share with me your culture I share with you mine, by this way you enrich your knowledge and I enrich also mine.
• Learn: - I'd love to learn Welsh, as I would like to learn about Life from your prescriptive, about your culture, about your lifestyle, about your language. life is all about learning new things.
• Share: - my Culture, my Knowledge, my Time, my Stories...Sharing is Caring.
• Teach: - I can teach you about my Amazigh culture, as I can teach you some Farming, Languages such as Tamazight and Arabic…etc!
What I Can Share with Hosts
Stories, time, and food
Countries I’ve Visited
France, Germany, Netherlands, Scotland, Turkey, United Kingdom, Wales
Countries I’ve Lived In
Morocco, United Kingdom