Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 2 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Juan Pablo’s full profile. It’s free!
Enjoying life! - Travelling as much as I can
Well, it's not so easy to talk about oneself, but let's try anyway. I'll do my best effort to describe myself.
I'm an open-minded, easy going and friendly person. I'm very social, enjoy meeting new people & discovering new places and ways of living this life.
As a good engineer, I tend to be a bit rational in all my decisions, but I should say sometimes I like to dream while awake.
Although I enjoy meeting a lot of people, I'm not definitely a party animal, I prefer a relaxed chat, rather than dancing in a club. Don´t like loud music nor crowded places.
I definitely love dogs and animals.
I also love maps. As you can imagine Google Maps & Google Earth is almost an addiction for me!
Nowadays I'm working as a research software engineer remotely from home. Most of the time it's good not to go to the office :-).
I live with Mariela (the girl tasting the fondue with me in the pic), my beloved fiancee in a small apartment in Almagro, a busy neighborhood of Buenos Aires. We both enjoy traveling and shared many adventures together.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Hosted and surfed several times around the world. I love CS!
Take a look at my friends/references section and you will see!
- Travel, discover new places, new people, new cultures.
- Taste local food & discover new flavors.
- Doing trekking.
I like cooking a lot, doing some sports as trekking or football (although not so good at it) and taking pics.
Music, Movies, and Books
- Books: I'm a great fan of literature and always try to bring a book with me. Currently I'm reading Asimov's Second Foundation, a masterpiece of Science Fiction.
- Music: I'm quite open to different styles, except maybe electronic music (quite boring I think).
- Movies: I enjoy a lot watching movies, altough most of times I fall asleep while watching them! I really dislike movies in which all things are exploding all the time (So boring!). Instead I prefer thrillers, or comedies. Haven't seen so many films, and after a while I can't even remember the actors or the plots.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Trying to reach Alaska from Buenos Aires, just by taking buses. Although Oregon was the northern limit of our journey we had so many incredible experiences during that year that would be impossible to mention all of them here.
Definitely traveling through Patagonia is quite a great experience. I've been doing trekking in this area since a long time ago and it's very rewarding. I personally recommend doing rafting in the Futaleufú river, an unforgettable experience.
Also, I can spend hours looking at glaciers. There are a lot of them in Patagonia.
Teach, Learn, Share
I worked some years teaching Algorithms and Data Structures at University, but not sure how much people is interested on learning that! :-) Hehe talking seriously I can share with you my knowledge about my country geography and history.
Maybe I can also teach how to do a good asado (barbecue), a little bit of Spanish, local meals and of course some computer stuff.
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Austria, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, France, Germany, Guatemala, Honduras, Italy, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Slovakia, Switzerland, United States, Uruguay
Countries I’ve Lived In