Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 4 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Diego’s full profile.
When I was a child I didn't like the idea of sleeping somewhere different than my bed, But since I did a student exchange in USA I didn't stop travelling. I made of traveling my way of life. I consider myself a traveler, not a tourist. I love visiting new places, but also coming back to the places I like. I am interested in culture, nature, adventure and sports.
I don't like to travel alone, I like to share the experience, that's why I try to meet locals, through couchsurfing events, meetups, facebook, workaway and sometimes I just organice a trip and look for travelmates on internet.
I think that impossible is nothing. If you want something, you just need to find the way to do it. If there is a problem, don't be sad, just face it and look for the way to solve it. The more difficult it is to achieve it, the more satisfaction you'll get when you reach your goal!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I like the philosophy of shearing without expecting anything back. Today I help you, and i just expect you to help somebody else along the way, as I hope to be helped by somebody else one day. For me CS is more than hosting people. You can meet people around, get to know the real place you are visiting from inside. Culture sharing. learning from each other. Traveling can be "fake" and quite unreal if you just go to a hotel full board and take pictures. But thanks to the CS community it could be such a real experience when you get involved or inmerse with the locals. Hosting or being hosted. Or just meeting someone or traveling together.
I have been the moderator of the CS group in my city, organicing a lot of events duriong few years. Then I moved to Sicily, France and Australia and I was partecipating and organicing a lot of events as well. When I travel, I dont like travelling alone, so I also publish my trips on CS groups to look for travellers to joining me
I started meeting some people that were travelling to my friend's houses. My 1st time was in a farm in New Zealand. Then I was traveling with people I met trough CS in Thailand and Turkey, In Turkey I had such a wonderful experience when I was hosted by some syrian refugees., or when I stayed with a mayan family in Mexico. The I became the moderator of the CS group in my city, organizing events and welcoming people showing them around. I also use this platform to find travelmates.
I am using CS since before it was necesary to pay to get verified. I believe in the fact that not everything is just about money. You can offer or receive a lot of things or experiences without money. So That's why I am not verified and I will never be unless this rule will change.
- climate change
Music, Movies, and Books
I like spending my free time traveling, practising sports, enjoying nature... so I dont have much time for reading books or watching TV series. Sometimes I started reading a book and then I never have time to finish it...
But I like reading about interesting facts, history, nature etc...
In terms of music I like everything depending on the moment and the mood. But I specially enjoy live music.
Movies, I like almost everything too, besides horror movies. I specially like the ones that make you think, or reflexionate about something, and when I am tired and I just need to relax my brain... any adventures and fiction movies are welcome.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Northern lights in Iceland. I used to enjoy them just sitting outside with a hot chocolate.
- When I saw a polar bear appearing in front of our house in Greenland.
- 3 days trekking trough the jungle in Costa Rica.
- 3 months traveling in a very poor style trough Asia.
- 1 night in a fidjean island only with a local family, nobody else in the island.
- 127m bungy jumping in New Zealand.
- unexpected swim with dolphins in Belice
- Swimming with whale Sharks in the Philippines and Manta rays in Indonesia
- Working on Etna Volcano, especially when she was erupting...
- Staying with tribes in Vanuatu, Indonesia and China
- Visiting Petra, Angkor Wat, Kalak Mul, Tikal, Abu Shimbel, Anak Krakatoa,
- Being at the crater of a volcano in eruption in Vanuatu
- living and working in Samoa
- When I organices a safari in Tanzania for 16 friends, and mostly of them people I met traveling in other countries. It was amazing to have them all in the same trip.
- Sunrise at mount Bromo
- Amalfi coast in a motorbike
- Driving and camping around all Australia for 4 months
- hitchhiking in Turkey in the middle of nowhere and being hosted by the people that took us and invited us for dinner in their Bayram festivity.
- Finding wild Elephants in the jungle in Borneo on our own, as well as orangutans.
- Seeing wild Orcas in Patagonia from the shore as close as 10 meters
- Walking the Tongariro crossing in New Zealand, the laugavegurinn in Iceland, Mt Bromo in Java, climbing Mt Baru in Panama, Taranaki in NZ, Ol Doynio Lengai in Tanzania, Gran Capitan in USA, Picos de Europa and Ordesa in Spain, Dolomites in Italy, Mt Merapi in Java...
Teach, Learn, Share
I believe we can teach and learn from each other in any time. There can be an exchange of knowlodge any time the interlocutors wish to do it. I consider myself an outgoing person and very interested in other people, chatting and so on, if I see the other person is interested. Otherwise I don't say much. As well as I like to listen when somebody says something interesting.
What I Can Share with Hosts
It depends because everyone is different. We can spend a good time together, We can exchange experiences, travel tips, knowlodge, cooking recipes and a good time with the best of my smiles. :)
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Egypt, El Salvador, Fiji, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Myanmar, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Samoa, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Vanuatu, Vatican City State, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, New Zealand, Samoa, Spain, United States