- 94% response rate
- Last login about 9 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Paul’s full profile.
JUST MOVED FROM BERLIN TO DRESDEN.
In 2019, I travelled all the way from Berlin to Japan without flying. After having spent one year as an exchange student in Hokkaido, I travelled around Southern Japan, hitch-hiking and sleeping in a tent.
Sorry, my profile is crazily long and I don't expect you to read all of it :D
It is enough for you to know that I'm interested in pretty much everything, and down to try anything, 'cept for seppuku切腹! xD (please read the 'my home' section though, if you wanna stay with me)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Here´s a video of me presenting couchsurfing to a bunch of Japanese students:
SO, DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE A REAL "TRAVELLER" IF YOU'VE NEVER USED COUCHSURFING! ;)
I play the guitar, bass and drums. I really enjoy going to concerts or music festivals.
As a guitarist, I was a member of three different bands playing local gigs at smaller or bigger events in the past few years.
At the moment I play in a metalcore band here in Berlin by the name of ANYWHERE BUT HERE and in a punk rock/ melodic hardcore band in Dresden by the name of HEAVYSEAS (like us on Facebook :D).
If you want, you can join our bandpractice, we're always open to constructional criticism, also from people outside of the scene.
My biggest dream is to continue with that hobby and make it big with my band here or maybe to join a bigger band one day...
Related to that I´m also interested in recording music. I´ve got a recording software on my pc, with which I recently started to record my own songs and some covers of songs I like to play. Furthermore I'm into photography and video editing.
I like being active in the nature, this is why I love canoeing, riding my bike, hiking, camping, skiing, climbing, and so on... I'd be happy to go hiking with you in the Sächsische Schweiz National Park if I have the time.
FRENCH - Mes chers amis francophones: Ne quittez pas de me parler en Français, car j'ai peur de perdre tous mes skillz.
Русский: Я забыл все, хаха, Простите!
ESPAÑOL: Es la proxima lengua que yo quiero apprender. Hé estube en Peru, Catalonia, Santiago de Chile y Los Angeles...
I am an experienced hitch-hiker and I always get to where I wanna go ;)
(Tips from my side about hitch-hiking in Japan: https://youtu.be/_zpgKuPFdho)
Music, Movies, and Books
- Rock-Music-Expert, I like nearly all kinds of Rock from Flower Power to Death Metal
Bands: Rage Against the Machine, Desaparecidos, NOFX, Nirvana, System Of A Down, Parkway Drive, Thin Lizzy, and many many more.
(Used to play Billie Joe's part in a Green Day cover band :D)
Current favourite is Violent Soho from Brisbane (shoutout to the Aussie surfers that got me on this)
In recent years I got big time into Hip Hop, especially German rap. I can show you a lot of gems of the scene if you're interested.
Besides rock music I also like classical music from Beethoven (大9番) Schostakovitsch or Vivaldi.
Please show me your favourite music!
- If you ask me, I'd say that Adam McKay is the best director of the decade (Vice, The Big Short, Don't Look Up...)
- Mind-blowing stuff: Inception, Interstellar, ...
- Documentaries (Michael Moore, Werner Herzog, John Pilger, you name them)
- Dostojewski ("Russian books are so depressing, they make you want to drink a potato")
- F. Schätzing
- Kawabata (やすなり)
- Murakami (short-stories)
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Riding my bike 700km from Dresden to Hamburg, when I was 14
- Riding my bike 900km from my hometown to Bratislava, when I was 16 (did both trips on my own)
(involved hitch-hiking far more than 10000km in over 12 different countries)
- Riding a scooter 50km on a dirt track through the Vietnamese jungle, nobody knew where I was, no phone reception. Could have died that day.
- Going beyond couchsurfing and just asking random people for a place to stay by knocking on their doors in the evening
- Working 6 winterseasons:
2015/16 Canada, Silverstar
2016/17 Val Thorens, Les 3 Vallées
2018+19 Ski Arlberg, Stuben
2019/20 Niseko, Japan
2022 Portes du Soleil, Switzerland
-Travelling from Berlin to Hokkaidō, Japan without flying. Hitchhiking to Moscow, taking trains and hitchhiking through Russia, taking a ferry to Japan and then hitchhiking the rest of the way. Seriously the best trip ever (until then)!
- Falling 300m into the crater of a volcano (羊蹄山) and walking away unscathed
- hosting couchsurfers in my campervan in Niseko during winter
- Hitch-hiking all over the Western/Central Balkans in Summer 2021 and back from Northern Greece to Berlin (2400km) in 3 days.
But, first and foremost the most amazing thing that happened to me was discovering the spirit of couchsurfing!
Teach, Learn, Share
If you want to, I can show you some tricks on the guitar.
Added to that I could help you learning German/English/French.
Moreover I want you to show me your favourite places, your favourite music, your favourite book, your favourite film or whatever you want me to show.
Also I am open to anything you could teach me.
Countries I’ve Visited
Albania, Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Czech Republic, England, France, Greece, Italy, Japan, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United States, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
Austria, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, Switzerland