Not Accepting Guests
- Last login over 1 year ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Rachel’s full profile. It’s free!
Hi, I'm Rachel!
I'm an adventurous and free spirited 23 year old who loves to travel! ✈️
I take all of my adventures with my best friend April, with whom I've been friends with since preschool. I come from a small town located just 30 minutes outside of Columbus, OH where I've lived my entire life; until recently....
Currently, my best friend April and I are on an epic road trip, attempting to travel to all 50 states! (And eventually one day leave the country). Our goal is to learn to live like the locals, and expand our knowledge of different cultures, places, and foods while volunteering and helping others along the way ☮❤️
>> Down below you can find a little bit about each of us and our backgrounds; what makes us, us.
R A C H E L
I'm 23 years old and I'm from Ohio; born + raised. I'm the oldest of 4 children and the only girl (out of the children) in my entire family. I graduated high school in 2011 and chose to take a different path than most and not go to college. Who knows, I may decide to go later in life but for now, I just want to explore the world and be a 23 year old kid.
Some of my favorite interests and hobbies include:
• taking pictures (I literally take pictures of EVERYTHING)
• blogging (I've recently created a travel blog and my best friend and I run a YouTube channel of our travels)
• different languages - I want to be fluent in a language other than English by the time I'm 25
• trying different foods - I'm a foodie for sure but pizza will always be my #1
• anything outdoors - camping, hiking, biking, swimming, you name it
• volunteering with animals - I LOVE ANIMALS SO MUCH
• restaurants - having been a waitress for 4 years, there's a love I've developed for the restaurant industry. I'm hoping that at some point in our lives, April and I will own our own together
• traveling - there's literally no better feeling in this world then when you discover a new place or meet a new face
A P R I L
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Whenever we travel, April and I like to live like the locals. We believe it's the best way to meet people, as well as how to find the best food spots, places to see, and places to stay. It gives you a better traveling experience overall when you take recommendations from locals, and what better way to do so than to actually stay with one? Couchsurfing allows us to stay with locals which essentially allows us to live like locals, while building new friendships, and getting the best recommendations for some of the best spots in town. It's a packaged deal!
- music festivals
- animal welfare
- human rights
- womens rights
- italian food
- chinese food
- indian food
- mexican food
- organic food
- working out
- volunteer work
- live music
- outdoor activities
- whitewater rafting
- adventure travel
- budget travel
- harry potter
- animal rights
- organic farming
Music, Movies, and Books
• Favorite movies: Harry Potter series, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, You're Not You, Adventureland, Zombieland, Almost Famous, The Notebook, Step Brothers, Wanderlust, We're The Millers, This Is 40, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Grown Ups, Big Daddy, Billy Madison, etc. (and though this isn't a movie, I LOVE The Office. Best television show ever.)
• Favorite music: I love all music really. My iPhone's music ranges from rock & roll, to rap, to pop, to country, to even house music. There isn't much that I don't like in the music world.
• Favorite books: Tuesdays with Morrie, The Hunger Games trilogy, A Child Called It, Harry Potter series, Running with Scissors, Summer Sisters, etc.
• Favorite movies:
• Favorite music:
• Favorite books: