Not Accepting Guests
- 53% response rate
- Last login 2 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Renato’s full profile. It’s free!
Let's have a beer together and that gets easier!
TO SURFERS: I am very sorry for not being able to manage all the requests and answer everyone. But please send me a request!! cheers
My tips on what to do in Cardiff:
- Alternative music clubs/venues: Clwb Ifor Bach (always good gigs and parties), Gwdihw (memorable small gigs), The Moon (free and usually Cardiff's craziest place), Metros (cheap underground party), Buffalo (cocktails and DJ's).
- Pubs: Tiny Rebel (local craft brewery, try Cwtch, my favourite beer), Brewdog pub, Blue Honey Night Cafe (foods and drinks), Pipes (local brewery, not always open), Queens Vaults (traditional pub, good for watching football), Y Mochyn Du (Welsh pub at the park, food and drinks), Small Bar (craft beer bar), The Central Bar and The Gatekeeper (traditional pubs from Wetherspoon chain, cheap options of food and beer), Hop Bunker (loads of craft beers), Cambrian Tap (local craft beers). Student pubs (cheap beer): The Woodville, The Taf, The Gassy Jacks.
- Eating out: Loads of restaurants in City Road, Crwys Road and Cowbridge Road East and some in the city centre. A few suggestions: Hellenic Eatery (Greek), Chilli Basil (Thai), Stag Coffee (British breakfast), CN (Chinese), Chai Street (Indian), Blue Honey Night Cafe (I don't know. Indie? Modern British?), Kimchi (Korean), Mezza Luna (Moroccan), Amazonas (Brazilian/Portuguese food), Fornos (British/Arabic sandwich shop), all of them with dishes from £6 to £12, except Fornos that is cheaper. Slightly more expensive: The Pot (British), The Crispy Duck (Pan-asian).
- Parks: Bute Park, Roath Park, Pontcanna/Llandaff fields, Heath Park.
- Arts and culture: Cardiff Castle (slightly expensive though), National Museum Wales (free), Chapter Arts Centre (including cinema), Norwegian Church.
- Coffee: The Little Man Coffee Co (city centre), Coffee Barker (city centre), Stag Coffee (in Cathays).
- Records shop: Spiller Records, Kellys Records.
- Clothes: Hobo’s Vintage Clothing, Blue Honey.
- Surroundings: Castell Coch (Red Castle), Caerphilly Castle (largest in Wales), Brecon Beacons (Mountains).
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
To get to know people overseas, with different culture and thoughts. This is the way I've chosen to guide my personal growing.
Beer, football and rock'n roll!
Music, Movies, and Books
Movies: Jarmusch, Wim Wenders, Godard.
Music: The Smiths, New Order, Caetano Veloso, Jorge Ben Jor, Lady Gaga, Rihanna.
Books: Kerouac, Fitzgerald, Kundera.
Teach, Learn, Share
We can drink beers and listen to some music together!
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, England, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Mexico, Netherlands, Paraguay, Scotland, Serbia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Ukraine, United States, Wales
Countries I’ve Lived In
Brazil, Germany, Netherlands, United States, Wales